• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time water cool build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

n00bftw

Registered
So I set EK Water Blocks EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 PWM and used some anti vibration rings on the bottom and at the back of the mount to hopefully cut down on vibration, the only problem is it wobbles quite a bit when the case is moved or possibly knocked by accident. it seems very sturdy apart from the wobble though and it's not as if it will end up on the floor. I also have the newer d5 mount/insert installed, i think this is known to create some wobble

What you guys think.... will this degrade the pump at all. Forgive the bad camera operator and the orange in the case, that will be going soon.

Also, about flushing the rads, can I just put some hot boiled water in and give it the shaky dance a couple times, then once finally with some distilled water, should that be enough. Should I also do the same for the GPU and CPU blocks as well as the tubing or is that overkill and unneeded?

I only did .... as i was setting up tapatalk on mobile :/

I usually give my new tubing a quick rinse with distilled water. If I'm reusing tubing, I try to clean it a little better. As for the radiator, how many times you need to shake and flush depends on how clean the rinse water looks. If you still have crud coming out after 3 times of flushing, I'd say you need to clean some more. If it looked perfectly clean after a couple of flushes, then you're good to go. I rinse new waterblocks too. Now once it's been in use for a while, when you are cleaning things, say a year from now, it's critical to take the waterblocks apart and really clean them.

I usually give my new tubing a quick rinse with distilled water. If I'm reusing tubing, I try to clean it a little better. As for the radiator, how many times you need to shake and flush depends on how clean the rinse water looks. If you still have crud coming out after 3 times of flushing, I'd say you need to clean some more. If it looked perfectly clean after a couple of flushes, then you're good to go. I rinse new waterblocks too. Now once it's been in use for a while, when you are cleaning things, say a year from now, it's critical to take the waterblocks apart and really clean them.
Thanks

Finally got it all put together and I am rather happy with it for a first time effort :)

Few questions,

1. As the reservoir is mounted in front of the front intake rad, it is blowing hot air on to the res, is this ok? The res feels quite warm to the touch, worried that it's heating the temps up more.
2. Do you think 2x 420mm 30thick alpha cool rads are enough to cool a 1080ti and an i7 5820k Overclocked
3. Do you think 1x d5 revo pump/res combo is enough to power the 2x radiators as well as the CPU and GPU Overclocked, if so what Pump RPM would you think is adequate? Bearing in mind I have a few right angled turns [​IMG]
4. Are motherboard VRM temps of 70-72c ok
5. Under load should the fittings be rather warm - very warm to touch.

Thanks in advance, apologies if these are really noob questions

Now to get a fan controller so I can get rid of multiple unneeded wires as well as the orange.

20170903_184136.jpg 20170903_184145.jpg 20170903_184224.jpg 20170903_184237.jpg 20170903_184249.jpg

Back