• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time water cooling; need to dissipate ~1200w of heat constantly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think this constitutes the perfect scenario for two loops. It would allow you a different delta temperature target for the cpu and the four gpus. Gpus don't need that crazy of a delta so with them in their own loop you might be able to get a much better delta on the cpu allowing for a higher overclock.

With my Gaming rig, according to my cyberpower APC + Watt-meter - i consume about 725+ watts when playing BF3 with everything set to Ultra. This is with (1) Swiftech 360 rad + (1) XSPC 360 rad.

I think this constitutes the perfect scenario for two loops. It would allow you a different delta temperature target for the cpu and the four gpus. Gpus don't need that crazy of a delta so with them in their own loop you might be able to get a much better delta on the cpu allowing for a higher overclock.

I immediately thought then when I read the first post. Keep one 120.2 rad for the CPU so it can stay happy and cold while giving some leniency with the raddage of the GPUs. This is definitely something for you to consider cause I feel 120.9 of raddage would leave the CPU a little toasty while the GPUs just chug away not even noticing the heat. Just a though though.

This is the best thing you could do is read this Fever many times, like i did!! This helped me more that any other site, it helped me to choose. Over 90% of my parts it will help you with your choice of Rads and Pumps and also your Fans. To cool everything it will teach you about DELTA T and other things as well. Yes my research took me over 3 months or more and i am still learning today!

1, http://martinsliquidlab.org/

2, https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=b...e&ie=UTF-8#q=bundymania+radiators+review+2013

Just look at this page and try to read the one you think would be helpful to you!! Yes you have a long way to go. ;) :thup:

Back