• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Water Cooling Build Finished (With Pics!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay, did some messing around with the lighting and I think it looks nicer now. Changed one of the CCFLs to solid color instead of sound activated and took off the side for this pic (it was messing with the lighting). Anyways, here it is:

16h979s.jpg

Again, its really not as bright as this in real life, its just that I couldn't get the camera exposure right. I like it a lot more though. Thoughts?

Oh, didn't notice it was the same person :) By the way, I'm likin those awesome stickers you got on the side of your case.

lol im looking for something better to put there,it was to plain there just a big plain silver spot,so i stuck a few of my kids stickers there lol

Normally I wouldn't use profanity in my posts but this is a one time exception.... THAT'S ****ING AMAZING! I love it dude, fantastic build.

Also what cooling system is that? It looks familiar to me for some reason.

nice build. i used to do all the fancy lights and stuff until i realized no one ever actually looks at it irl... lol. i guess it just lost the cool factor for me. extra $$ for hardware is always better too. ;)

Normally I wouldn't use profanity in my posts but this is a one time exception.... THAT'S ****ING AMAZING! I love it dude, fantastic build.

Also what cooling system is that? It looks familiar to me for some reason.

The waterblock is the Swiftech Apogee XT and the Pump/Rad are from the MCR320 Drive (also Swiftech). Me and my bro made an enclosure for it so that I could mount it to my desk, that way there's no heat from the system affecting it.

nice build. i used to do all the fancy lights and stuff until i realized no one ever actually looks at it irl... lol. i guess it just lost the cool factor for me. extra $$ for hardware is always better too. ;)

Ha yea I know what you mean. I mainly do it for two reasons: 1) its fun for me and 2) its just a little something to show off when I have friends over (still only 16 going on 17).

Now the strips have been straightened out it looks so awesome :D
I know what you mean about over exposure with the LEDs and how if you use the flash you just can't see anything so I know roughly what it would look like (and I like it :))

That looks great and it'll really shine at a LAN.
Now I feel like starting up one of my old Thermaltake rigs....

Very nice set up! So the radiator is in a completely separate enclosure? How did that work out? Love to see how you mounted it :) What kind of temps are you getting?

Very nice set up! So the radiator is in a completely separate enclosure? How did that work out? Love to see how you mounted it :) What kind of temps are you getting?

Yep, the rad is completely separate. I'll post some more pics in a day or two since I'm getting some new hardware for my rig (see sig) as a birthday gift. My birthday's today but I don't know if the stuff will get here today or tomorrow. Mainly I just used angle brackets I had lying around and thought I could put good use to them, so I just slapped the enclosure on my desk with a couple of wood screws.

The temps are great. I have my CPU voltage up to 1.5350v and my temps idle at 27*-28*C and under load only hit about 39*-40*.

BTW, to those who didn't like the fan, I took jazon1's advice and made a new side panel out of lexan (gotta love McMaster-Carr, $12 for a 2'x2' piece with shipping!). The thing looks a helluva lot better without the fan, so thanks for the advice jazon! The window will be in the upcoming pics 'cus I'm too lazy to take some now ;). The only downside is that the vieo card temps went up noticeable, but it won't matter since I'm putting a couple new fans in and will have the 5850 which runs cooler.

Well happy birthday! What new gear are you getting?
Thanks

Well, the meat of my gift is the XFX 5850. I think my parents actually got the last one because the day after I told them what I wanted, Newegg was sold out :) Could just be a coincidence though.

I'm also getting (I hope) a CoolerMaster R4 Series 120mm red fan and a Blue UV reactive 120mm fan that also has a UV cathode in it. Gonna put the R4 in the bottom of the case, the UV fan in the rear exhaust, and move my current rear exhaust fan to the top of the case (if it fits). The lights on the current exhaust fan died out so I needed to get a new fan and the UV light should be nice for the antikink coils on the tubes.

Haha, I know, I'm spoiled. I work hard for it though :)

Got my new stuff all setup in my computer so I figured I post some new pics. Might throw some into the Case Modding section too.

iw4ymt.jpg

w0qp8l.jpg

And some pics of the rad mount for jamsde

zlro1j.jpg

119autf.jpg

Not exactly the best choice of color for the text in the last pic, just says angle bracket for anybody who has trouble reading it.

Back