• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Water Cooling Build NEED HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wukagames0391

Hi Fellow Watercooler and Overclock enthusiast.
Recently I’ve been getting into overclocking which led into water-cooling. But here I am dumb as rocks already bought some parts but I did not know if I have a powerful enough PSU. The current PSU that I am using is a EVGA Supernova 850W P2 psu. Will this PSU be enough to power my current PC parts list with extra headroom to include future cards like PASCAL when they release?

My Parts List:
ASUS Maximus VIII GENE motherboard
i7-6700k currently overclocked to 4.8 ghz at 1.35v with the NH-U12S cpu cooler (planning to up this big time once I get it underwater)
EVGA GTX 980 TI Kingpin as high of an overclock I can get 1600+ core, hopefully?
2x8gb Corsair LPX Vengeance
MCP-655 PWM Pump
XSPC Raystorm PRO
Bitspower Full Cover Block for GTX 980 TI Kingpin edition
500gb Samsung EVO SSD
2x 360mm Black Ice Nemesis GTS Ultra Stealth radiators
6x 120 SP Red LED Corsair fans
2x NF-F12 Fans
EVGA Supernova 850W P2

I’m going to be using these parts as my first custom water loop. I am so excited!

Anyways again will the EVGA Supernova 850W P2 – will this power supply be enough to power all these parts comfortably as well as extra headroom for future overclock capable cards when PASCAL releases?

Thanks in advanced everyone!

(planning to up this big time once I get it underwater)
I wouldn't expect too much more out of that honestly. You would be one of the rare birds that are truly stable over 5GHz if so.

You need to work a bit to get 1600+ core on the 980Ti. Even they normally crap out around 1500-1550 MHz like most others.

The PSU is PLENTY for that card overclocked to where water can take it, including the CPU.

Pascal will likely be the same power but faster, or less power and faster. I don't see it making more.

I wouldn't expect too much more out of that honestly. You would be one of the rare birds that are truly stable over 5GHz if so.

You need to work a bit to get 1600+ core on the 980Ti. Even they normally crap out around 1500-1550 MHz like most others.

The PSU is PLENTY for that card overclocked to where water can take it, including the CPU.

Pascal will likely be the same power but faster, or less power and faster. I don't see it making more.

Thanks for the quick reply EarthDog. I heard from many sources on forums that the Intel max Voltage is 1.45v. But I wasn't sure if this value was true only for the Air or AIO cpu coolers. What in your opinion is the max voltage for i7 6700k in a custom water loop?

1.425-1.45v for custom water, for daily driver clocks. For benchmarking/short periods... that depends on the size of your, umm, your fortitude. :)

Back