• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Watercooling Build - 800D - Partial Parts List

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How well do those kind of fittings work. I know they have a cleaner look than just a barb with the hose and a clamp. But do they work as good? They just sketch me out that they would leak one day. How exactly is the tubing in the fitting and being secured and tight?

@boosteeddc
Its a lamptron FC8. . It is 30w for up to 8 channels (240w total possible) which is nice, but it requires 3 molex (all 3) to run. I ended up ordering a second one after I took apart the molex to only 1 of the 4 pin connectors instead of all 3. Then I lost the extra molexes, so I ordered another, only to find it afterwards.. Needs a couple extra pins, but works great. It is color adjustable too- red, blue, green, etc....
@bburrill2012
They are very popular bitspower fittings. In my leak testing none of the fittings leaked. They work by having a barb that you slide the inside of the tubing over, and then the compression ring goes down and clamps down the outisde of the tube. You can tighten the threads down until you start rotating the fitting, moving it to any angle you need and proving its snug fit. Many others on this forum have used them. This is my first WC rig, so I cannot compare them to other fittings. Another thing I did to make the tubing secure is used 7/16 x 5/8 tubing with 1/2 x5/8 barbs.

Here is a link to my album.. It has more pictures and a full parts list

Last edited:
It has some orange tint I think it was the way I took the pictures. I was using my camera (cannon s95) in color exclusion, and only taking red colors, turning anything else to black and white. The tubing is lately proven crappy primochill proflex LRT in UV red (google plasticizer issues, the .net site has like 180+ page thread on it). I would say in real life it is ever so slightly orange, but mostly red - not the deep blood red I wanted. I'm considering buying some tygon and dyeing it with rit dye, I saw a thread for it on here and I have dyed many many lacrosse heads with rit.

Back