• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fit A 140mm Res In My Mid Tower H440 Case With Minimal Case Modding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I hope that's a aluminum loop only.

It is. It was a bit of a funny process locating aluminum parts outside of the super mainstream brands though.

I ran into some eBay issues when trying to cut corners with cost, namely THIS posting which almost screwed me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/240mm-18-T...m+radiator&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

I was looking for a low FPI so I didn't have to use high RPM static pressure fans, this looked good and the picture shows aluminum colored threads.

Says aluminum in the eBay material section... I based my purchase off of this.

62db9bfbd2463caa7ac136b36f12ad00.png

After it arrives at my house I triple checked the listing JUST to make sure that it was 100% aluminum and sure enough I just happened to scroll down to a JPG with a separate product description where it says...

ead488f1bdc9b78348f2aefc9382ad9c.png

To me this says that the company doesn't know which part of their product is made of what material. Needless to say I emailed them and returned it...
Only to have it sent back AND have my money refunded... (The brain doesn't know what the hand is doing?) .. (I now have their rad and my money... yes I will email them again...)

So to your original inquiry, yes I used all aluminum parts, but ALMOST didn't.

Actually, some rads in the industry have some aluminum used but not in the internal pathways for the fluid. That's what that rad most likely is but I won't trust any unreputed brand with the amount I would pour into custom cooling. Been running for 5+ years with no major issues. (fingers crossed)

Exactly. If it didn't specify whether the fins were aluminum or the tubes were copper or vice versa I wasn't going to install it. My final cost came somewhere in the neighborhood of $330-350 I didn't tally it up but I got a great deal on my res/pump combo for $130 for an open box at microcenter which is what made me pull the trigger on converting my system to water.

Back