• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flac to mp3 conversion help.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stratcatprowlin

How can I convert my flac files to mp3? From searching the web it seems a bit complicated.What's the best and (easiest I guess) way to do it?

Thanks in advance.

I've used foobar2000 and lame to do this in the past. After you tell foobar where to find lame, you only have to right click file(s), click convert to mp3, choose settings, and wait a while.

If you need more details I'll be awake in a few hours...unless I can't sleep.

Well... You can use a program like buurrn to make a CD out of the flac files and then rip the cd. There's also a way that you can get .flac files to work in Windows Media player.

Why use WMP when you can use something else like foobar that supports it anyway?

just my 2 cents

Why use WMP when you can use something else like foobar that supports it anyway?

just my 2 cents

Simple: Everybody who has windows has Windows Media Player and most of those people haven't heard of foobar.

I've used foobar2000 and lame to do this in the past. After you tell foobar where to find lame, you only have to right click file(s), click convert to mp3, choose settings, and wait a while.

If you need more details I'll be awake in a few hours...unless I can't sleep.

Ok that's what I'm lookin for.Right on!

Back