• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flat color matte board = Precise mousing surface

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah, I think I remember that post about feeling a slight tickle when he was working on a power supply. LOL. Oh man, these forums are so much fun. I laugh all the time. That's pretty cool illig. I'll have to check it out.
My Logitech dual optical mouse doesn't do anything when I pick it up, it just sits there. No cursor movement or nothing.
I've heard neutered mice don't work as well. That true?
Doc

Penguin4x4 said:
Well that and shocking the **** outta himself every few months, ;):D:D:D

:p
Here's a pic (albeit a distant one) on my new mouse and mousing surface.
0_d2.jpg

Thanks for the review. Thought ive never heard of matte board. Im heading over to micheals tommorow to pick up some scraps. Thanks!

Oh, and anyone ever used those over sized coaster mousepads OEM's give you? The Reall thin ones with the plastic covering? Those are actually pretty good too.

Doc_Skurlock said:
dude, that's kinda cramped man. How do you deal with that small a space?
Doc

I'm skinny. Very skinny.
The distance from the desk to the wall is the same distance as from my elbow to my fingertips.

I use my pretty much unfinished pine desktop "this end up corner desk" for my mousing surface with my optical at first i used the func pad that came with my computer , but this is better .. heh im either sanding it very very little over time or adding a coat of teflon to my desk cuz its getting polished from the use , i can see a reflection in it ... lol like 3000 grit sandpaper or something hehe , and i liked my func pad , the only problem i have had with my mouse is if a piece of cat hair gets under the tracking light hehe
:D so for now i like my desk which i have stabbed a few times with my pocket knife and a few other things ... oh and hey , if your working on a PSU just put on some rubber sole shoes , and dont ground yourself then you can touch the hot part of the caps and then touch someone else and shock theyre socks off :D *disclamer i am not responsible for any injurys caused by the afformentioned idea*

that would explain the arthritis captain slug, get a bigger space dude. Seriously. You oughta see my setup, I have a huge wraparound work area looking thing.
Doc

lol, silly head. That's cool I suppose. My desk fits me. I'll have to take a picture of my work area. I've got two printers, a scanner, a ps2, mail machine, two monitors, two computers, all acoutrements that come with two computers and a basketball thing. :)
Doc

I dont know if you had the chance to test the 3M Precise Mousing Surface, but its worked great for me. 3 years and still going strong. Its fairly thin, has a grippy surface underneath to prevent sliding, and keeps the mouse ball very clean. I can't even remember the last time I opened up the mouse to clean it out.

My only complaint about it, is that over time it does tend curl up around the outer area of where you actually use your mouse. But even with that slight curl, the mouse doesn't skip a beat at all. Sure it may fall under the expensive mouse pad catergory, but to me, it has been well worth the investment. I'll never let my mouse's ball drag over any other surface again. :D :beer:

I've had numerous trackballs.. and liked them up until i got my wireless logitech keyboard and mouse set.. i'll never go back to a trackball now!!

So this test is done while doing what ? moving the cursor around the desktop ?

U get what u pay for, ppl use 100 of dollars on memory, motherboards dvd drives etc. and then they use copy paper as a mousepad...

Really looses some of the experience having such a sucky interaction with the computer, kinda like a top notch computer on a 5 year old 15" monitor.

Hmm.............maybe you could test the type of wood that always seems to give you splinters.:D

Just kidding.:D Nice little test you did here.

My logitech cordless optical(the free one) seems to work great on anything for me. I am using it on my carpet right now. I use it on my bed, on my pants:D, never on a mousepad, usually just my desk.

-CPFitz-

I just switched back to metal since it's colder (yeah, I'm nuts like that). I've been doing ALOT of graphical work and the cold helps loosten up my joints.
The downside being I now have hands as warm as a corpse...

Back