• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG FNG- First post and build log thread- Custom Parvum/SLI/Water Cooled PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The wife's Noctua arrived today. Tomorrow the 860K's will be in then I can start putting her PC together.

Ok guys I need some help here. Have a few things going on...........

The 860K came in today and I just finished buttoning up all the wiring etc.

So the 280X does not seem to have an HDMI out at all....... there is an adapter to go from HDMI to DVI but even with this I am getting no signal on the flat screen. No monitor in house currently and our only TV......

The PC powers on, two LED debug codes stand for initialization of processes (codes 16, and 55) so not sure about that. But I cannot get a picture to display, my TV does not have a display port either or I would have done that already. Any ideas here?

Also, the mouse does not light up at all or turn on, from any of the USB connections, but the keyboard does whether front or rear. However, pressing any button on the keyboard makes the lights go off......

Corsair mech RGB keyboard and M65 RGB mouse......... both USB

The build is as follows:
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Evil-MOBO/saved/#view=Vz4frH

Thanks for the help in advance :thup:

Last edited:
Some pics, I'm a newb at this s go easy on me lol. Third build here no issues at all with the first two but not the case here so far........

IMG_20160119_172614998_zpsoxbmb23x.jpg

IMG_20160119_171916622_zpszk1fqukr.jpg

IMG_20160119_172036269_zpsvc2mjgrq.jpg

IMG_20160119_171852988_zpsakljqqef.jpg

Last edited:
I have double checked all connections, tried the DVI adapter in both slots and still no signal. CPU plug is in mother board, Noctua plugged into CPU fan header, the two case fans into case fan headers, front panel, USB, etc all plugged in, everything tight on the power supply. GPU pushed in all the way, CPU installed with the arrow in the correct spot. I am running out of ideas here. The PC powers on, mobo lights up, LED Debug codes 15 and 66 still flashing, but I can't even get a picture on the screen to try and do anything lol...... I had tried three different HDMI cables that's not it. I have an unresponsive monitor, and my mouse and keyboard do not turn on.....only the lights on the keyboard and they turn off when you press any key. No beeps when system turns on, and the CMOS and restart buttons on the mobo do nothing, only the power.

Getting very frustrated was hoping to be over clocking already lol, can't even get the damn thing to post! :mad:

Everything is new except the mother board and the GPU.......

Cleared the CMOS?
Built outside the case to make sure nothing is shorting?

That code 55 is a memory initialization code. You may want to check to make sure the ram is seated correctly and in the correct slots. You could also try just one stick at a time. If that fails do you have another set of ram around you can try?

Go post then I shut it off and built it figured I would deal with OS later............

- - - Updated - - -

Ok I will check RAM again........

If it worked outside the case then the parts are most likely fine.

You either have a grounding issue or RAM that wasn't inserted properly.

Un seated and seated RAM again. Made sure (again) GPU was seated correctly. I cleared CMOS and the only code now on the debug LED is 16. The code of 55 is gone although it did flash on and go away quickly once.

No output to the TV at all. There are two different DVI spots, and both do not work for the HDMI/DVI adapter, I get no picture on either using five different HDMI cables now.

Scratching my head here. system powers on everything lights up nice and cool fans are silly quiet, but nothing on the Screen........

Swapped RAM modules from slots 3/4 to slots 1/2. They're color coded and the RAM only goes in one way so hard to screw that up. No change in condition. Still won't post and Debug LED code 16.......

When I boot the PC the screen says connecting then flashes and says no signal..........

ATM, do you remember what BIOS version you had in it? If it's not new enough from what I have found it will not support the 860K and I do not have anything else AMD except another 860K new in box lol.......

I don't remember, it's been a while since I used that board.

If you got to POST earlier then it should work.

I don't remember, it's been a while since I used that board.

If you got to POST earlier then it should work.

It's the only thing that makes sense to me right now lol.....well now to track down an older CPU to test with........

Side Bar- I sold the 280X on Ebay overnight. I listed it because I was not happy with the amount of sag on the opposite end from where it screws down into the case. It was really bothering me and looked like it was putting a lot of stress on the PCIE slot.

Last edited:
Why didn't you just support the end of the GPU? Fishing line would do this easily.

Looking at dates, the BIOS is most likely F6, judging by when I got the board. Assuming that I updated it, that is.

Why didn't you just support the end of the GPU? Fishing line would do this easily.

Looking at dates, the BIOS is most likely F6, judging by when I got the board. Assuming that I updated it, that is.

Because that would still leave me always worrying about the GPU. I'm new to this PC stuff but can't imagine this is that normal........

F6.....I will look into this thanks for the info.

Well according to Giga's website the 860K started to get support from BIOS F6 on......(newest is F7). I have an APU en route on loan from another member so we will see what happens. I don't have a GPU right now (with an air cooler) that I could use unless you guys think it's worth slapping in a 780Ti with a water block just to see if it will post.......?

Tomorrow the TT X9 should arrive for my build :)

Last edited:
Back