• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Formula VIII X570

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Karabaja

Hi i need help please... I have Asus Formula VIII X570 and i want to watercoolit...

i have Alphacool eisbaer expandable AIO setup is 420 rad on the front and 360 Rad on the top with pipes are turned to the left....now can someone please tell me in what direction i need to put pipes to a motherboard ...i dont want to mess up something....thanks in advance...

View attachment 212417

I found this way is this OK

View attachment 212418

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

Very nice setup you have there. I don't generally water cool my motherboard but if I did I would run CPU first then to the board. Ideally it would go front radiator > top radiator > CPU block(pump) > motherboard. The problem is the tight bends that would cause and rubber hoses like that will kink so I think your diagram is your best chance if you don't get kinks that way. In all reality order will not matter too much because the water temp will even out regardless of loop order.

I'm a big fan of Alphacool products but never tried their AIO series. How are you liking it so far? Anything you don't like?

Loop order doesn't really matter in a properly flowing and rad'd loop so long as the reservoir before the pump. Since you're using expandable aio's the res is inside the rad anyway so no worries.

You fan direction is odd to me. I don't see any intake whatsoever (bottom?). Typically you want to run front/sides = intake while top/rear = exhaust for good AIRFLOW.

As far as your order, id run..... rad1 > rad2 > cpu block/pump > vrm block > rad1 just as bug has said. :)

Last edited:
Hi thank you for reply...can you please draw the lines how to connect tubes....Build is still work in progress so in this stage its hard to say something..but the quality is supeeeeer we will see temp when i power it up

Does the tube currently coming from the pump attached to the front radiator come out so it can be attached to another hose or is that permanent? Also is that intake or exhaust from the pump? Sorry I don't know how these AIOs work.

Agreed with EarthDog, it looks like all of the fans are set to exhaust.

You can tell because the spoked side (side with the bars on it) is the exhaust side of the fan.

Hi thank you for reply...can you please draw the lines how to connect tubes....Build is still work in progress so in this stage its hard to say something..but the quality is supeeeeer we will see temp when i power it up
Im mobile... cant draw.

All you need to do is know which is inlet and exhaust on the pump and radiators and hook them up in order... rad2 exhaust > cpu inlet > cpu exhaust > vrm inlet > vrm exhaust > rad1 inlet > rad 1 exhaust > rad2 inlet > ......

Ok thank you for help a will draw lines when i am on laptop so you can see is it ok...

I dont think that drawing is right. Look at the loop order I typed and look at the block diagram you posted.

Exit of the cpu block to vrm block...vrm block to rad 1...rad1 to rad2...rad2 back to cpu block.

And turn the fans around on the front radiator so they are blowing in the case. :)

Now that I look at it more I think his problem doing the proper loop order is the kinks the tubing will get. I think your first diagram will be as good as you can get with that setup. It really won't make that much of a difference in temps so I would go with what you can get.

Not sure if it would be possible but I would think the ideal way would be like this. I think it will kink though, especially from the cpu to the motherboard block.

View attachment 212430

Also yes, turn your front fans around so they blow in. I think your rear fan is backwards too, it should be blowing out the back.

Now that I look at it more I think his problem doing the proper loop order is the kinks the tubing will get. I think your first diagram will be as good as you can get with that setup. It really won't make that much of a difference in temps so I would go with what you can get.

Not sure if it would be possible but I would think the ideal way would be like this. I think it will kink though, especially from the cpu to the motherboard block.

View attachment 212430

Also yes, turn your front fans around so they blow in. I think your rear fan is backwards too, it should be blowing out the back.

This will be impossible to do with this tubes.....you say that my first draw wil do the job...if that is correct i can connect it that way with no big problems..

View attachment 212430

The rear fan is correct... just the front fans should be flipped around.

Rad on the front is push pull and the top one is push configuration...

For the tubing can i connect it like itd second picture...

I am still waiting for processor to come so i have time to make tubing correcr

Won't that leave the rear fan blowing in though? I generally have that blowing out regardless of my radiator orientation.
No. Every single fan we see is blowing the same direction....out of the case.

Rad on the front is push pull and the top one is push configuration...
its still moving air the wrong direction....see above.

Back