• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forum Wars (Winter Warz 2008)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The importance of stock score

It helps members to post their scores the "right" way, so when it comes time to post their overclocked scores we don't run into any issues.
You know, "I didn't know I had to do that. and now I'm out of LN2/Dice/it's not as cold tonight/it's now dead etc etc"

In the past, lots say they are going to play for "X" team, and then never post anything. But if they have to post stock scores, you all most always see overclocked scores from them.

If they do go "walk about" their stock score can also be used as their overclocked score so that forum doesn't take a silly big hit that they cant come back from.

But don't spend to much time on your stock scores, and please don't worry about the scores you get when running stock. over all they count for nothing! Other than we know you want to be part of FW's and you know how to post your scores right.

Last edited:
Andy, why don't you try the betas that rdrash is using?

i tried everything i could i had no joy
as i type this tho 8.3 is out and both cards work but still cant overclock cards :(

Edit
PMed rdrash and still cant the program he uses wont even open on mine :( wow i need to get this sorted

Last edited:
Please Read

Guys I really need your help with this.

Please only post in the score posting thread when you have your full list of scores to post.

If you only post part scores or hold a place, I keep having to go back and seeing if it's updated, and the more that do it the harder it is for me to re-call what I have and have not done.
I love the fact that you guys are really into this and I thank you for that, but please help me with my work load.
We are looking very strong this year and if everyone posts who said they would play we will have two teams, all scores will count and will kick some butt :)

With such a strong team, there will have about 40 stock scores posted, then I check them and add them to the database and make 40 of my own posts, so thats 80 just there.

Then we will have the overclocked scores posted and my part of that, so another 80 posts

Then the hard core guys (most of you I hope) will keep pushing right to the end and up date their scores a number of times, another 80+ post :shrug:

Thats 240 posts in that thread, and thats if nothing else gets posted in it.

Dont get me wrong, I love what I do and am happy to do it, but at the same time it is alot of work and thats not counting all the stuff I have to do over at TRP.

So please help me and keep the other thread clean and to the point.

Many thanks for your help,

Dean.

Ps. I have ask one of my Green friends to take out any of the posts that fall under the above.
If it is one of yours, dont worry, I still want you to take part, just post when you have all your score.

Last edited:
For anyone wanting to be part of Forum Wars 2008.

This would be a great weekend to get your stock scores posted and be part of a team thats going to kick some @SS!!

And remember, all OCF members are welcome, it matters not if you have been here 1 day or 8 years.
You can have No Stars or Red Ones *****looking at you Da_Boss :D*****

I think we've got two UE players this time so we'll see. One DICE and one SS phase.
Yeh I'm playing this time round. Finally built a rig specificly for Forum Wars. My last rig that was OC worthy was a Barton...
I'll have to get my 2900XT's PWM even more cooling cuz it's stuck at 955Mhz currently. Did a pre-run on Thursday night when it was colder. Bloody hot yesterday and today so didn't do any runs.
Don't think I can get my X3210 G0 higher than 3.86G benchmarkable in '06.

Nice, good to see you've got some UE rigs.
Man you guys have some numbers this year, last time I looked you had 37 or 38 listed :eek:

By the way, keep Friday night 4th of April open.
Phil and I will be doing a benching demo with Phase, Dry Ice, Cascade and LN2.
PM me if you need more info

Dean, quick question with my clocks. I underclocked my card to 499/802 this is the closest I can get to 500/800. Will these clocks be OK?

Times is fast running out, please get your stock scores posted asap.

Please don't leave it to the last day, as if something needs to be re-done you may not have time.

Quick question...

I should be getting a pair of 2900pro (XTs) probably early next week.

Is that going to be too late to join in the fun?

If not, let me know what I need to do. If I need to run some benches on this setup now and then add the 2900s later let me know.

If I missed out...well...sorry guys :(

Quick question...

I should be getting a pair of 2900pro (XTs) probably early next week.

Is that going to be too late to join in the fun?

If not, let me know what I need to do. If I need to run some benches on this setup now and then add the 2900s later let me know.

If I missed out...well...sorry guys :(

All stock posting needs to be done by the end of Friday 14th of March.

If you think it will be later than that, what day do you think you can have it done my, as I can ask if they will let you.
They may well say no, but I'm happy to ask.

All stock posting needs to be done by the end of Friday 14th of March.

If you think it will be later than that, what day do you think you can have it done my, as I can ask if they will let you.
They may well say no, but I'm happy to ask.

I don't have any clue when they will get here. If I had to guess it could be as late as wed/thursday next before I have them up and running.

Looks like I might have to sit this year out. If I get any more info I'll be sure to ask.

Thanks.

EDIT: I'm assuming I can do this round with the X1800 and then switch over for the next? :(

I don't have any clue when they will get here. If I had to guess it could be as late as wed/thursday next before I have them up and running.

Looks like I might have to sit this year out. If I get any more info I'll be sure to ask.

Thanks.

EDIT: I'm assuming I can do this round with the X1800 and then switch over for the next? :(

you will prob have them by saturday but maybe monday
don't know if you'd have time to set them up though :shrug:

Back