• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Forum Wars (Winter Warz 2008)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
haahhahahaa...

I just got permission from my Boss to take three weeks of annual leave from 24 Mar to 11 April, when he asked why I told him about overclocking and the forum wars...he just went "ahhhhh..ok" .....

the big hurddle is convincing the wife why i have to spend every waking hour infront of my computer for 3 weeks. I know there will be a big big pay back bill I owe her after the war.
:drool::drool:3 weeks of LN2,
lol why take off 3 weeks
I can think of lots of reasons, lol

:drool::drool:3 weeks of LN2,

I can think of lots of reasons, lol

LOL...at least 3 weeks of dry ice...still trying to source some Ln2 and a dewar.

I've been having massive difficulties with the dry ice. Corrupted harddrive..but when I reduce the OC it is fine...I don't know if i'm too cold, or not cold enough or what...I'm measuring temps near the top of the pot at -30c ......next mount i'm putting the temp probe toward the bottom of the pot to see a better picture where my temps might really be. I can't seem to get into windows vista at any FSB over 400 for the last two days (yes..I cheated on my promise to wife not to do any benching on thursday)...I've lost confidence in my ability...the first day of dryice was ok, I learned alot, but the last two days have been nothing but trouble and i can't seem to figure out the problem. I've tried higher voltages on NB, CPU, ram, SB and i've tried lower voltages on all the same...I've switched hardrives, i've tried both XP and vista....when I do get into windows (around 5200MHz) it only lasts for a few minutes and I can't get anything done other than a simple screen shot and CPUz verification...a few times I've lost my GPUs (windows tells me the drivers are missing)..when i reduce the oc the GPUs are fine.....heck, i'm going crazy trying to figure this stuff out...

bottom line: take 3 weeks off during the wars so I can figure this crude out and do some good for the team...

Do all your stock posting with the X1800 and use that if nothing else turns up in time. As we really need the numbers, I would like to have two full teams where every score counts, but we need 35 - 40 members for that, I think we sit around 33 now.

I may be able to get you a late pass for the other, but you would need to re-do all stock scores again by the end of Tuesday.

Alright. I'm downloading all 3 3dmarks right now (I know I know...no point in running 3dmark on a crappy gfx so I never downloaded them). It'll be down to the wire as I'll have to run the benches after work. I get home around 9PM EST.

Glad I can help out though.

You don't put the dry ice on the drive....:p

hahahahahaa......that much I do know. I'm just experiencing big problems since I've gone to the cpu pot and dry ice. But the challenge is very entertaining....it's just got me stumped big time. one thing for sure I'm not bored yet...:beer:

hahahahahaa......that much I do know. I'm just experiencing big problems since I've gone to the cpu pot and dry ice. But the challenge is very entertaining....it's just got me stumped big time. one thing for sure I'm not bored yet...:beer:

well you may be getting to cold for that board, I've heard a bunch of stories of bad cold bugs on the max extreme series :shrug:
If you guys think you could use another quad and GTX I'd be willing to bench mine....

do it we can use all the help we can get for the team :)

I'll keep an eye out on this. If we need another rig I can put one together. Hey Dean, can you keep a running log on how many rigs short we are?

06 says im not using SLI, its weird im only getting like 9500ish in 06 thats bs. i used to get 11k with my single card when i first built this thing.

I have the same issue with my setup, I re-installed the geforce drivers, still 3DMAR06 does not acknowledge my SLI, my 3DMARK06 score did go up from 13 K to 18 K with my quad at 3.6 though, I think it is a glitch with 3dm06 not recognizing SLI with the G92 cards

LOL...at least 3 weeks of dry ice...still trying to source some Ln2 and a dewar.

I've been having massive difficulties with the dry ice. Corrupted harddrive..but when I reduce the OC it is fine...I don't know if i'm too cold, or not cold enough or what...I'm measuring temps near the top of the pot at -30c ......next mount i'm putting the temp probe toward the bottom of the pot to see a better picture where my temps might really be. I can't seem to get into windows vista at any FSB over 400 for the last two days (yes..I cheated on my promise to wife not to do any benching on thursday)...I've lost confidence in my ability...the first day of dryice was ok, I learned alot, but the last two days have been nothing but trouble and i can't seem to figure out the problem. I've tried higher voltages on NB, CPU, ram, SB and i've tried lower voltages on all the same...I've switched hardrives, i've tried both XP and vista....when I do get into windows (around 5200MHz) it only lasts for a few minutes and I can't get anything done other than a simple screen shot and CPUz verification...a few times I've lost my GPUs (windows tells me the drivers are missing)..when i reduce the oc the GPUs are fine.....heck, i'm going crazy trying to figure this stuff out...

bottom line: take 3 weeks off during the wars so I can figure this crude out and do some good for the team...

It's not you mate, I'm starting to think it's the cards drivers/vista/bios

I'm having the same issues and todd can't seem to boot into windoz at all now.

When they are running they go well, but it's hard work.

400fsb is the max bench stable fsb my setup likes with high clocks.

Boot at 375X13 and work your way up to 400fsb with setfsb, thats what I'm doing and it seems to have helped, though I'm using X14.

I'll keep an eye out on this. If we need another rig I can put one together. Hey Dean, can you keep a running log on how many rigs short we are?

Will do :)

31 members have posted scores, there are 3 that said they may, but they haven't had the time as yet and it's fast running out.

So we still need 4 - 9 rigs, we can drop the A sub team on the 2nd team if we want, so 35+ is the number I'm looking for.

So if there's anyone else that can be part of it, or post up a 2nd rig, now is the time.

I have the same issue with my setup, I re-installed the geforce drivers, still 3DMAR06 does not acknowledge my SLI, my 3DMARK06 score did go up from 13 K to 18 K with my quad at 3.6 though, I think it is a glitch with 3dm06 not recognizing SLI with the G92 cards

Have you tried installing the Feb detection update from FM?

i have installed the hotfix they offered and i still got nothing.

what im wondering is why my stock scores are so freaking low.

Dean can show you how to fix that problem :p

LOL, then I'd be at the bottom of the UE ranks. :p
Bucket of ice water when the time comes for the real runs is what I'll use.

This quad FSB wall has taken me a few weeks now to fine tune it to be bench stable. 478x8 is now totally stable except for OCCT-RAM tests. Still testing on ambient water for now.

Oh and you can see I got the R600 to bench stable on 962Mhz now, so 1Ghz is definitely possible.:soda:

PM'd Deanzo

Anyone got any tips on using what to use&include for a fully ready-to-bench XP CD ISO?

I just use the XP SP1 CD and load the benchmark and go.

I was making Vista ISO's but each time a new driver came out, I needed to re-do it, so it was costing me more time than it was saving.

Back