• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Found something in gpu blocks and res

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

U_NEEK_1

Hello! I'm fairly new to watercooling, so I'm unsure about what to do about this or if this is something I should be concerned with. Today I found what appeared to be some sort of white residue in both my blocks and some particles floating above my res, which usually only show when my system is under load. I'm using EK blocks and rads through hardline with a XSPC D5 Photon 170 Reservoir.
20200529_155043-min.png

Not sure I see what you see but: Factory residue? Flux? Did you flush the system before filling?

I flushed my system before filling. It's been about month or so since I filled. Didn't notice this until today.

Edit: Here's another picture of one of the blocks.

20200529_193019.jpg

Last edited:
What metals are you mixing, including fittings, that might react with one another?

Never heard of that fluid brand, seems to be a cheap alternative. Maybe that's your problem, maybe the fluid is going bad due to some reaction with the parts.

I suggest trying a different fluid from an established brand or just simple distilled water with a biocide.

This maybe a stupid question but are you sure its not just small bubbles in the res? Maybe you had an air bubble break loose and cause them. I guess I don't see the stuff in the blocks but I would say let it ride and see if it gets worse because I don't see any blockage. If you do drain and refill make sure to get a well respected fluid if getting premix and do a good flush with something like Mayhems Blitz.

Back