• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foxconn 790FX problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
make a sig like mine that will help us to help you....
is your cmos battery seated good and is the cmos jumper in the right position?

I may have missed something but How are you shutting down, If in windows vista you hit the power button that is brought up by selecting start menu, that puts computer to sleep I believe in it's default state, and that would explain your starting up directly at windows, see If you computer is in vista and does'nt display the pre-screens before windows actually loads, the one that looks like a status line constantly moving left to right followed by the windows symbol that has rays coming from around it like the sun, then It's probably just asleep and the bios somehow accidently resets cpu voltage to default, explaining your problems.

Try this go to control panel - power options, then select performance. from there you can select advanced I believe and set everything to stay on and not got to sleep, except for monitor you can safely let that sleep it has nothing to do with cpu voltage or anything else.

Yep, that might be the answer. When I put my mouse pointer on that power button I get a pop-up message: "Keeps you session in memory and puts the computer on a low power state so you can quickly resume working."

Hum, never really paid much attention to that button before and so never used it. Thanks Velozzity! Well, Iguess its true, you learn something new every day.

My bet would be, Vurtexx, that when you use that feature it cuts your cpu voltage and it becomes unstable because an overclocked cpu needs more juice to be stable. Its kind of the same problem you get when forgetting to disable Cool N Quiet when you are overclocking.

Last edited:
Back