• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foxconn Destroyer raid driver issue...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Treepeeper

Registered
I purchased Vista 64 (free Win7 upgrade) and decided to do the install today. I connected two 640 gig WD 7200 rpm drives (cleaned beforehand) to the Sata ports. In the bios I selected "raid" and set up the Raid 1 array.

It shows the array when I F10 but when Vista 64 tries to install I can't get it to recognize the array. The only drivers Foxconn provides (I've tried the disc ones and the ones on the website with a USB Flashdrive), DO NOT WORK.

I can only get the drives to be recognized either in IDE or AHCI mode but neither of those offer Raid 1.

What am I doing wrong? JMicron36x or JMicron37x are the Raid Drivers that Foxconn provides but....i'm pulling my hair out on this...it shouldn't be this difficult...

I will paypal someone $25 tonight if you can help me get this resolved. I'm ADHD and....hey look a chicken!

I will paypal someone $25 tonight if you can help me get this resolved. I'm ADHD and....hey look a chicken!

"ADHD" eh?

You know 20 years ago they called that get more exercise eat a proper diet get a good night's sleep.

;)

They tried to tell me I had ADD when I was younger. I told them they had BS.

I was the only kid in Gifted and Talented classes that carried a low B or high C average (they wouldn't kick me out because I kept testing high) and could usually be found in Saturday Morning Detention....

Anyhoo, any ideas why I can't get raid to work on this board?

Ah, to hell with it. I'll just use one to back up the other. I'm not qualified to change a flat tire, I sure as hell shouldn't be trying to build and rebuild computers.

Heh your thread has been up for just over an hour :) did a chicken run by again? That mobo uses the Nvidia 780a chipset so the internal SATA ports are run off of that. I think the JMicron is just for the eSATA ports.

The drivers for the NV chipset include the RAID preinstall drivers and they can be found on the Foxconn website for that mobo but they look like old ones. I'd use these straight from NV: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_vista_win7_64bit_15.49.html

To get the preinstall Vista drivers execute the driver file to extract it and remember which folder you extracted to. CANCEL out of the setup. Go to the folder to which you extracted it and then "IDE -> WinVista64 -> sataraid" folder. Those files are what you need on say a USB thumb drive or floppy during the Vista install. So copy them all to a removable media device and you should be able to use them during Vista install.

Madman, I really appreciate your help. After pouring through the MB manual I came to the same realization that JMicron was for two e-sata ports on the back. BUT...i am too dense to actually DL the correct drivers from nVidia and then EXTRACT them. I tried to put the whole application on a zip drive and that's why Vista couldn't locate it.....D'oh! :screwy:

It's not exactly a good thing that the drivers placed on the "Raid Diskette" that you create per the Foxconn guide only contain JMicron stuff, though.

Anyway, I owe you $25 and will GLADLY pay you for your time. I sincerely thank you for your help. PM me with your paypal info. I'll do it this morning.

The install started a few minutes ago and is cruising along smoothly. :)

Back