• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foxconn M61PMP-K Checksum Bad error???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

drmeff

Registered
Hi Everyone!

Finished a small build as follows:

AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor
Foxconn M61PMP-K skt. AM3
2 gb (1gbx2) Gskill DDR3-1333

The mobo is giving me all sorts of headaches...
After bios post I get a "Checksum bad" press f1 to enter setup, press f2 to load default values and continue. I have replaced the small battery, downloaded and flashed the latest bios... although CPU-z still reports that I am running on the 1-30-10 version. I cannot adjust anything in the bios because it will just revert back to some goofy default value and give me the checksum error. I will post a pic of the Windows and CPU-Z screen shots that I am getting, pay attention to the RAM as that seems to be what is giving me trouble. That RAM should be at 667mhz with 8-8-8-21 timings... windows only is picking up a gig and reporting 896 due to the onboard vid, yet bios shows 2gb. Clueless!

Anyone have any ideas??

RAM.jpg

Sounds like an issue with ram. When I tried to tighten ram timings down too far I also got a checksum error. I would suggest setting ram timings and speed to Auto to see what happens. If that doesn't work, then set speed to 667 but leave timings at Auto. CPU-Z is showing your ram at 800 speed.

I actually can't change the timings at all, it just resets them to this 6-6-6-15 crap. I have tried manually entering everything to stock form or even loose timings with lower speed but the changes don't save in bios, it just gives me this Checksum error and then loads defaults which are way off...

Run Memtest on the ram. If that doesn't show any errors then maybe it's time to contact Foxconn tech support. Or try ram one stick at a time or in different slots.

I'm not sure why Windows is only showing 896 MB of ram. Can anyone help on this one?

I suggest resetting BIOS with only one stick of RAM and see how the nimbers come out then. Depending on what happens I'd then, either swap sticks and repeat or put both sticks in the second bank ...

Thanks for the help guys, but I missed a step in my diagnoses... I never ran Memtest on each individual stick! Turns out one had 216000 errors before pass one was finished! I am running on only one stick right now and I am not getting any checksum errors, ram is clocked at 667mhz and the timings are correct. Looks like RMA time for that stick.

not to bad for this board

Hello guys and girl geeks I'm Miss Teri and I have managed to overclock this nice foxconn m61pmp-k board useing AMD Antlon II x4 640 cpu, that whent from 3.0 to 4.2GHZ it took some work and long hair pulling ticks but guys and gals dont let someone tell you it cant be done, because I just pulled it off with no issues.
Yes there was some freeze and hangups but after doing battle:bang head with this nice board, took me about 3 days, and 6hrs later, and hello! it's alive and flying with all 6 cores run at full speed, and runing win 7 32bit. :thup: as of now this board is running crucial sport ddr3 1600 high speed mem, and Wd 320gb HHD and I also installed Evag 9500gt 1gb video card.

Gotta say it's flying fast and win7 loves the speed, but in all this board comes with a overclocking program, but I think it's not that great. so have fun yall!!:p

Back