• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FPD2185W question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

roYal

I hear an annoying hiss coming from the back of the monitor. Does anyone else get this (as in a known manufacturer defect)? And if so, is there anyway to get rid of it?

roYal said:
I hear an annoying hiss coming from the back of the monitor. Does anyone else get this (as in a known manufacturer defect)? And if so, is there anyway to get rid of it?
I don't hear that on mine. . . . Can you exchange it for another one?

Revivalist said:
I don't hear that on mine. . . . Can you exchange it for another one?
What EzTune settings do you use for brightness and contrast? I've actually heard this monitor will have a loud buzzying sound if you have your brightness set <100. Before I had brightness at 50 and conrast at 50 and I tried setting brightness at 100 and contrast at 35-40 and the picture seems the same and the buzzing is gone.

Last edited:
roYal said:
What EzTune settings do you use for brightness and contrast? I've actually heard this monitor will have a loud buzzying sound if you have your brightness set <100. Before I had brightness at 50 and conrast at 50 and I tried setting brightness at 100 and contrast at 35-40 and the picture seems the same and the buzzing is gone.
I usually don't adjust the brightness with EzTune. I just do it with the buttons on the side of the monitor. And regardless of what brightness or contrast I use, I never hear any kind of buzzing noise.

Back