• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fractal Arc Midi cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SFC_Mac

Hello everyone, first post here.

I have my parts ordered for a new build, and was hoping that someone may have some insight on the best configuration for cooling with the Fractal Arc Midi. My CPU heatsink and fan is the Noctua NH-D14.

My idea would be two front 140mm intakes, bottom 120mm intake near PSU, and a rear 140mm exhaust with the D14 exausting to that rear exhaust. My idea was to put a top front intake to assist with blowing in more air to the D14..

I know there's a lot of talk about air flow within this forum, but hoping to get a perspective from someone with this case and their best results.

Thanks in advance.

You don't really need much in this case if you are not planning many HDDs or 2-3 graphics cards. Really, 1 fan on front and 1 on back is more than enough for most, even overclocked setups in case like that.

also :welcome: to the OCF

Thanks guys!

I suppose I will stick to stock configuration and see how it goes! At this point, I'm not considering overclocking. System specs are:

Intel i7 3770k
ASROCK Z77 extreme4
G.Skill 16GB (2x8)
Nvidia GeForce 570 (not updating just yet)
128GB Samsung SSD
1 TB WD HDD
Corsair TX 650W

Your setup is good. The extra front intake will be in the 5.25 optical bays?

I have Define R2 and use 3x 140mm intakes w/ filters and no exhaust fans (front intake modded to 140mm fans). Rear vent grille is removed (and bottom grilles) to improve airflow/reduce noise. I/O plate is not installed. There's a 3 sided duct (top & sides) from back of cooler to back vent so all heated cooler exhaust leaves case and none mixes with case air. Cooler fans are set as low as possible to improve airflow under cooler for mobo chips/heatsinks. All fans are PWM and controlled by mobo CPU fan PWM signal so all fans idle at 700rpm and ramp up as CPU load/heat increase. 980 never goes above 50c with fans at 1100rpm. Case ambient is never more than 2c above room ambient.

Back