• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free CPU!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The chip was lost in storage for a long time. Today, while sorting through crap I found the box with the foam and thought "Could it be?". It could, and is. Now I have the chip and no real use for it. Technically I can't sell it because it's an ES, and I'm pretty sure that's against the rules in the Classifieds....

Took me awhile to find it. LOL I thought it was lost or stolen (I have some s****y ex in laws). Just found it again today. The person I got it from is friends with an Intel engineer. He ran it in his daily rig stock for a while until his mobo died. It is supposed to be completely unlocked. I never used it because finding a 140 watt socket 775 mobo proved a pain in the butt. It's free to a good home at this point. I'd just like to see some numbers on it from someone. It's pretty old, but I'd still hate to see it in the trash.

I have the hardware should you like to send it somewhere where it won't be wasted. :)

I have a DFI lanparty, x38 board "if" you still have the chip.............

Have it sitting next to me as I type.

- - - Updated - - -

You guys want to work this out? LOL I may be leaning towards Mr.Scott since I haven't seen him mention a lot of new toys lately, but CD was first to post. I didn't expect this much interest. I was told the chip is good, but I haven't verified that, so it is definitely free.

I forgot about this thread.

I'll throw my own hat in the ring if it's being given away, spent 3-4 years looking for a Q9550, Q9650 or QX9650 but never could find one at a reasonable price (or they were gone before I found them). My EP45-UD3P probably is getting lonely with nothing to bench.

Don't know why you couldn't find a board to run it with... I thought they were fairly plentiful, especially with people upgrading old 775 rigs these past few years.

Edit: based upon the specs (3.16GHz quad-core) this doesn't appear to be a 3GHz QX9650, it's positioned between that chip and the 3.2GHz QX9770/QX9775. Doesn't seem to have a consumer-grade equivalent processor to compare to. Interesting...

http://www.cpu-world.com/sspec/QJ/QJEE.html

Last edited:
I guess im at the end if everybody else is out :p
Conveniently 'm running a c2d e7300 with a p45 ud3p right now.

Man I could have some fun with that baby. Probably best if someone else nabs it though, in all honestly I shouldn't be wasting time on a new toy right now.

Back