• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free Intel i7-920 - Beat my Bot points!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So I thought every submission got me at least a single point...

More clockin' less talkin' if you expect to beat brolloks (I'd find a stash of 980x if I were you)

If you really want to beat him, find some extremely popular hardware and get your HW points first. Then work on 100-boints worth of globals. I dont think its possible to beat brolloks without multiple video cards/ processors =/

No. Hardware points are based on the popularity of the hardware being used, and where the submission falls within the group of submitted scores. If it's popular hardware you can consider it good if you pull 5-15 points per benchmark on air/h20. Unpopular hardware will usually result in .1 boint

Only the top score for your hardware is ranked. So with your 4870, only the top score is ranked for points and the rest dont do anything.

But if you were to get another video card, such as a 4890 and got another 10 boints from that it would be added to your total so both of them would count.

The least you will get is 0.1 as long as the submission is the highest score for your profile in that particular hardware category.

You only get points for your best submission with that hardware my friend....

So if thats the case, how come all of mine are worth none...

http://hwbot.org/listResults.do?userId=20266&applicationId=12

Btw, if its based on popularity, I'm going to have to break out my server for OCing than. Its a Opteron 190 with 2 8600GTS in Sli. I bet not a lot of people have OCed a system like that :D

Well you will not get many points, as Nick said you score easier points with hardware that is very popular, do a search in the Bot database, top menu, and you can see which is worth the efforty or not.

BAH, well than this will be interesting.

Thinking you need a lot more hardware now? Don't get discouraged! keep pushing!

Pair the 8600GTS's with an i7 at about 4.5ghz +, run all the 3D benchmarks in single and SLI, and you might pull in about 10 points.

The Opteron 190 will probably get you about 10 points. There are only 2 submissions with a 190. So you can get some hardware golds for all the 2D benches ;)

Last edited:
I'm highly regretting getting this E3110 instead of a plain E8400 now days. I'm sure with a proper board and subzero cooling it would be a beast for globals. The problem is I'm on air and thus only capable of hardware boints at the moment. The low number of chips on the Bot makes getting boints in the 2D department horrible on this chip. I have learned my lesson and will adjust my buying habits for future purchases of hardware.

I'm pretty scrub when it comes to Nvidia cards so, how much should I raise each of the settings? IE shadder, core, and memory? What about 2d and 3d with these cards? Whats the best program to OC with these cards?

Btw, I'm working with an old 8600GTS here :p

I'm pretty scrub when it comes to Nvidia cards so, how much should I raise each of the settings? IE shadder, core, and memory? What about 2d and 3d with these cards? Whats the best program to OC with these cards?

Btw, I'm working with an old 8600GTS here :p

I like EVGA Precision (but it's pretty limited), MSI Afterburner will offer software voltage control (if available), but neither offer the functionality of Rivatuner. You'll need Riva for LOD tweaking. Grab Furmark or AtiTools to scan for artifacts, and see how far you can push the cards, before you bench. This will give you an idea, and if you're pushing it enough, you'll find that you're clocks will need to change with the benches. So you'll need to do some further exploration. Note: You'll hit a wall with the Core and Shaders linked, you'll need to unlink them, to see how much further you can really go.
You won't need anything more than stock, on the GPU, for 2D benches (except PCMark 05)

@ Icebob, I haven't been able to get into the 890 boards yet. Waiting for the 890FX.

I have not seen a lot of people with the boards but they should do the same about of OCing with the C3 Phenom IIs. For the TWKR who knows, since that is a C2 chip it may not take full advantage of the 890GX board.

If your looking at any of the 890GX boards I would wait for the 890FX boards, especially what ASUS is cooking up.

news26166_3-list_of_known_amd_890fx_motherboards.jpg

Just need to get more than 392.10 points, and you take the prize. :)

Well that was implied,and i don't think word "Just" applies:p.This event is missing one thing a consolation prize:p, i know for a fact am not getting 400 points i don't have enough hardware for that.

See thats when you start to borrow your friend's computers and just burn them to the ground for a single day. :D

To many people have the top range CPUs and GPUs, I'm going for the oldschool scores. They may be low, but if I cover enough I may just win.

Whats also nice is that at work I'm surrounded by old school components.

Back