• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free Intel i7-920 - Beat my Bot points!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Don't forget, if you can mix a top end component with old school gear that helps a lot too. A lot of people have been running old GPU's with brand new CPU's to steal old scores and boints. ;)

Thanks, I really hope it inspires others to do something similar :)

The 920 will be up for grabs, even after this contest's expiration date I will have another variation.

Well I gave it everything I had captain, in the end my AMD systems really need a huge OC burst in order to compete with all these Intel chips. If only I had Dice :(

I'm sure you can track some down, the science department at your school should know where it can be found. Or just skip it and go LN2 :p

So guess what? I'm going home Thursday night for a meeting on Friday at noon. That means after lunch Friday I'm going to be picking up 40lbs+ of DICE.

Now I highly doubt that I will get enough to beat you, but I may get up into the 20s if I do this right.

This is also depends on if my PII 940 doesn't completely die on me.

Great stuff Dolk, if no one beats my score it I might give it to the one that has made the most progress, depends on how my week goes ;)

Great stuff Dolk, if no one beats my score it I might give it to the one that has made the most progress, depends on how my week goes ;)

Now you say that !

That how the contest should have went to begin with :p , just saying.

Common dude Ed is putting this cpu right out of his pocket, no review sample here the dude is willing to give it away.... so the only thing you have to do is get your arse to work! pretty simple!

Common dude Ed is putting this cpu right out of his pocket, no review sample here the dude is willing to give it away.... so the only thing you have to do is get your arse to work! pretty simple!

Thanks my friend :)

So guess what? I'm going home Thursday night for a meeting on Friday at noon. That means after lunch Friday I'm going to be picking up 40lbs+ of DICE.

Now I highly doubt that I will get enough to beat you, but I may get up into the 20s if I do this right.

This is also depends on if my PII 940 doesn't completely die on me.

Dolk says he'll be benching LIVE on friday, around 2pm central (-6 UTC). The PhII 940 has a date with destiny apparently :rock:

Contest expired today at 12 PM CST ...unfortunately nobody qualified even remotely for the 920 :(

Contest expired today at 12 PM CST ...unfortunately nobody qualified even remotely for the 920 :(

Points are hard w/o top hardware :(

with that being said. looking to go cold as soon as the school year is over so watch out.

Points are hard w/o top hardware :(

with that being said. looking to go cold as soon as the school year is over so watch out.

Definately....I tried a ton of stuff. Got a few points here and there, but it seemed like if you werent using random hardware or LN2, forget big points....

Definately got me hooked though...Had a lot of fun...

Back