• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free NETGEAR WNR3500 Wireless router for Comcast customers 9.95 shipping.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rxtrom

https://www.comcast.com/wirelessrouter/default.cspx?403;https://www.comcast.com:80/wirelessrouter/

No rental, and if you lease one now you can keep the old one and get the free one. IF you cancel you have to give it up though. :shrug:

Product Features and Technical Details
Product Features

* Built-in Ultra Fast 4-port Gigabit switch means even faster network performance
* Automatic Quality of Service (QoS) ensures reliable Internet, voice, video, and gaming applications
* Surf, email, stream HD video, on-line game, make Internet phone calls¿simultaneously
* Easy secured set-up with Push `N¿ Connect using WiFi Protected Set-up (WPS)
* Maximum performance requires use of Wireless-N adapters

Technical Details

* Model Number: WNR3500
* Network standards: IEEE 802.11n draft specification, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b, 2.4 GHz
* Security: Double firewallL Network Address Translation (NAT), Stateful packet inspection (SPI); Denial-of-service (DoS); Intrusion detection and prevention (IDS); WiFi Protected Access (WPA2-PSK, WPA-PSK); Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) 64-bit, 128-bit encryption for IEEE 802.11b and IEEE 802.11g; supports 2 VPN pass-through tunnels; wireless access control to identify authorized wireless network devices; MAC address authentication Exposed host (DMZ) for secure gaming
* Privacy and parental control: Time-based usage controls Web site logging URL content filtering
* Power supply: 12-volt power adapter, 1.5 A
* System requirements: Broadband (cable, DSL) router or gateway with built-in DHCP server; 5 GHz Draft 802.11n and/or 5.0 GHz 802.11a wireless adapter, alternatively, an Ethernet adapter and cable for each computer; Microsoft Windows Vista/XP/2000, Mac OS, UNIX, or Linux; Internet Explorer 5.0
* Dimensions: 1.5 x 8.9 x 6.8 inches / 39.0 x 225.5 x 172.0 millimeters (W x H x D)
* Weight: 1.2 pounds / 0.56 kilograms
* Warranty: 1-year limited warranty
* What's in the Box: WNR3500 RangeMax Premium Wireless-N Gigabit Router, stand, Ethernet cable, setup CD, power adapter, warranty/support information card

I would have done this just to have another router but
To qualify, you must currently lease a High-Speed Internet modem or a Digital Voice modem from Comcast. Please check your bill to see if you currently lease a modem.
:( I'm not silly enough to lease a modem or router atm. Oh well.

and i just bought a $60 linksys router from newegg.

should i return it and grab this one? i read reviews on it at amazon and it seems to work fine with the ps3 (seems to make sense to me).

I would take it for free, but I have a dual band 2.4GHz and 5GHz router and I usually run 802.11a at 5GHz so I can stream HD Netflix to my 360. When I do 802.11b/g/n it doesn't seem to have enough bandwidth to keep HD streaming going.

I would have done this just to have another router but :( I'm not silly enough to lease a modem or router atm. Oh well.
Where did you get the Digital voice modem?

The router I own but I didn't know using your own voice modem was even an option.:shrug:

So on that front I should be eligible for this.

The router I own but I didn't know using your own voice modem was even an option.:shrug:

I have the very same question. My bill say $5 for digital voice modem rental so using your own voice modem is an option? I already have a Linksys wireless-g router but went ahead and take up on this offer for $9.95 shipping.

I would have done this just to have another router but :( I'm not silly enough to lease a modem or router atm. Oh well.

I gladly pay the lease fee on the modem. I've had lightning take out more than 10 of them over the past few years so the lease is nothing compared to what I would have paid to replace them.

I have no idea what a digital voice modem is. I don't use Comcast for telephone so I'm guessing it's got something to do with that?
=====
Well Gillbot I'm sorry if you took offense. Obviously if you've lost that many modems it's worth it to you. I don't have any power problems like that but all my important stuff is fully surge protected (power, cable line, and any telephone line.) I bought a modem years ago from CC and it came with a gift card for almost the full amount so in my situation renting a modem would be silly even if it was just $5 per month.

Just received mine today. Not so lucky they send me the Netgear WNR1000 Model instead of OP WNR3500. Oh well it's just $9.95.

Back