• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Free to a good home...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jokerman

Hi everybody, I have some DDR memory spare, if anyone could
make use of it in a new/old/ reconditioned cruncher.
It's a 512MB stick, rated at PC2100 and made by M.tec
It probably won't overclock much and it might not run stable
at CAS 2 - but what do you expect for nothing ? :)

Anyway, it's been sitting in a drawer for some time now, so
if anyone would like it just let me know. I'm in the UK but
will post overseas.

hmmm, I would love it but this sounds just a little fishy to me. you have 3 posts. Why are you getting rid of $100??

id take it if noone else wanted it.. i blew my mem a week ago and it took out my motherboard :eh?: thats ok.. i can use this computer for the next week or so hopefully

The memory stick is spoken for now. I've been assured it will be
put to good use in a cruncher :) Thanks to all who showed an
interest.

Good deal, please post in this thread if you are the recipient of this memory stick, OR AGREE TO SEND PAYMENT FOR SHIPPING, IT IS IMPERATIVE IF YOU AGREED TO ACCEPT THIS OFFER YOU POST IN THIS THREAD

I have seen scams, too similiar to this, where numerous people are told they will recieve it and they all send 'shipping fee's' and then nobody gets the product.

LIKE I SAID IF THE PERSON THAT IS RECIEVING THIS PLEASE POST THAT YOU MADE A DEAL AND ITS GONE

Normally buying and selling and trading is verbotten in the main forums.

PS jokerman, dont take my comments the wrong way, if in fact this is legit, its a nice gesture....My job here is making sure things remain honest. So like I said please dont be offended by my remarks.

PS welcome to the forums :)

Last edited:
No offence taken, although I'm a little concerned that I may have
made people feel uneasy about this :( With the benefit of hindsight I guess I can understand that -
I rarely post here even though I 've been crunching (slowly:)) for this team for some time now.

There is no catch, I had some memory here doing nothing and I felt like using it to make a
contribution to the team effort. Anyway, I've paid the postage and the memory should be taking
up residence chez Sir-Epix some time soon.

I apologise if I've stepped out of line.

Wow so this is completely - free since he's paying for shipping himself! What kind of rig do you have to be giving away 512mb of DDR Ram?!

What a great deal and to think I missed out. This would have been perfect as I'm only short some memory and I could have another xp1600 running. Oh well, thanks for the contribution to the team and Welcome to the Forums. Just Shoot

jokerman said:

I apologise if I've stepped out of line.

jokerman,

I'm glad you were not offended by my post, as you hang around here more and more you will notice that the Mods and members strive to make this a great 'safe' community.

What I wrote was just to stop a potential problem should one arise, but I see thats not the case.

sss

Yodums said:
Wow so this is completely - free since he's paying for shipping himself! What kind of rig do you have to be giving away 512mb of DDR Ram?!

A while ago I bought an MSI KT3 Ultra and some Samsung PC2700
memory to go with it. That left me with a couple of sticks of PC2100 memory that I wouldn't be using. I sold one to a friend and offered the other here.

I'm running an XP2100+ and waiting patiently for the 2600+ to
reach the UK :)

Thanks To Both!

jokerman,
You are to be applauded for your generous contribution to our team effort. It is a rare thing these days to encounter someone who honestly offers something for nothing in the spirit of friendship and team effort.

Silversinksam,
You also deserve praise for once again doing exactly what it is that you get paid nothing, to do around here! You saw a potentially dangerous situation and you got on top of it, BIG COLORED LETTERS and all :p

Generous Acts & Dedication to Duty all too often go unrewarded, but I for one appreciate the effort from both of you!

SkyHook

Silversinksam said:
Good deal, please post in this thread if you are the recipient of this memory stick, OR AGREE TO SEND PAYMENT FOR SHIPPING, IT IS IMPERATIVE IF YOU AGREED TO ACCEPT THIS OFFER YOU POST IN THIS THREAD

I have seen scams, too similiar to this, where numerous people are told they will recieve it and they all send 'shipping fee's' and then nobody gets the product.

LIKE I SAID IF THE PERSON THAT IS RECIEVING THIS PLEASE POST THAT YOU MADE A DEAL AND ITS GONE

Normally buying and selling and trading is verbotten in the main forums.

PS jokerman, dont take my comments the wrong way, if in fact this is legit, its a nice gesture....My job here is making sure things remain honest. So like I said please dont be offended by my remarks.

PS welcome to the forums :)

SSS! He is not a scammer, and I recieved the RAM today. Should be getting another cruncher up soon! Now decisions decisions....p4 or XP. Hmmm....

Back