• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fresh install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you bought your key directly from Microsoft, you should be able to download it again. If it was a disk, I'm not sure if they allow you to download the ISO from their website. Doing a quick search did not return any results.

one of my friends dose have the disk would I be able to just use that disc with my key?
Assuming this does not differ from Windows 7 this shouldn't be a problem as long it is the version of windows 8 you purchased.
Otherwise you could reinstall your previous system and upgrad from that again. A bit more work but should work just fine.
I found some downloading tools which should download the windows 8 ISO after entering your key. Since I am not 100% sure if this is really trustworthy I don't like sharing the link. If you are interested anyway, PM me and I link you to the site where I found that instruction.

Edit:
Keep in mind that a clean install of Windows 8 is not intended by microsoft, therefore you have to use that workaround
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-used-to/1726d238-98fb-4634-a468-04645a8ee097

Back