• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fridge pics, and some ?'s

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
pump should be here tomorrow (well, today if you want to get technical. friday, it will be here friday). i need to get some more tubing. i dont think ill get the block till monday, which sucks. but this weekend, i should have everything except the actual block, and socket insulation. i drill new holes in the fridge tonight, and hooked up some tubing to the valves. so to hold you guys over, heres some new pics :D.

one hole down
drill.JPG

pretty close to target. i can measure pretty well i guess.
hole.JPG

carbide bit fell out when it punched through the other side. not good.
saw.JPG

valves, and other necessary modding tools. you just cant mod right without beer!
valves.JPG

alright, i got the pump today. but as i had feared the waterblock and neoprene and such did not get here. it better get here monday, or im gonna be pretty upset. the pump is a bit larger than i thought it was going to be, but what can you do? i might have to rethink my mounting plans. i had been planning on running it submerged, but im not sure how its going to interfere with the evaporator now. i guess it depends on the res i end up with (thats right kids, i still dont have a res :D. whoops. really, im going to get one tomorrow, i swear!) anyway, one other question. the intake it the one thats threaded on the inside, and the the output is on the top, with the threads on the outside, right?

anyway, just in case you HAVENT seen a mag drive pump before, here ya go!
pump.JPG

that's a bad boy looking pump you have there. looks mean..

SpaceRangerJoe said:
, one other question. the intake it the one thats threaded on the inside, and the the output is on the top, with the threads on the outside, right?

That is correct. it should be.
Same with my mp900 pump, but mine is rotatable. If you want to make sure, put it in the bath tub and dump it in the water. Turn it on and see where the water pumps out from? Take your shirt off before you do though. :D

Last edited:
well, it seems that i was wrong about the waterblock. despite what i believed, the water block and stuff DID get here today. i was pretty sure i didnt have the saturday delivery option, but im not complaining. i have to go back to my moms house to pick up the stuff soon, then i need a few other little things from the hardware store. ill post some more pics when i start making some more progress.

Back