• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FrozenCPU - A review from a walk-in customer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WoodenKiwi

I saw a couple threads on FrozenCPU in this section but I wanted to make this thread to share about my experiences with them as someone who physically goes to the warehouse and workshop, and interacts with them face to face.

These guys are absolutely fantastic! I've only been into the whole custom computer scene for maybe 6 months now, and in that time I have already been in to FrozenCPU enough times that the guys there recognize me, and there's a reason for that.

While the general consensus is that a lot of their prices are a bit too high , I gotta say their customer service is well worth the up-charge. The employees there are all around helpful, honest, friendly, knowledgeable, and best of all, they put the customer before making the sale. They have always been willing to answer any question I can throw at them, and they have always been patient with me when I can't quite wrap my head around the answer.

Some general things I have noticed while at their shop:

-Anytime an employee walks by the front and sees a customer, they immediately stop and ask if you've been helped, and if the answer is no, they will jump in, or find someone to help you.

-The doors to the executive offices are always open, and the execs themselves will bend over backwards just as much to help you as the regular service guys will

-I've seen people come in to buy $1000 worth of cooling parts, and people come in to buy a single tube of thermal grease, and in both cases the customers were treated like royalty

-I watched two of their service reps each take a phone call, one from a customer who was missing part of his order, one from a potential customer who just wanted to know what color tubing would look best in his case. Both phone calls were treated professionally, courteously, and as if they were the most important thing in the world to the reps, I got the feeling both callers were quite pleased by the end of their call

-I went in the other day to buy a cheap Logisys PSU, not knowing Logisys' reputation, the FrozenCPU rep immediately told me "You don't want that for your system, it's garbage, I don't have anything right now that fits your budget so I'd say go look on newegg or a similar site, you will have better luck there." Needless to say I intend to save some cash and go back to FrozenCPU for a nice PSU, but I was absolutely floored that they were so honest with me and actually suggested a competitor instead of making an easy sale and letting me walk away with a sub-par product

In my opinion, FrozenCPU embodies the idea that customer service is everything, and I feel the least I can do to show my appreciation is share these stories. I know most of this doesn't affect most of you, as online buyers, but at the very least, I can assure you that the extra few dollars on the FrozenCPU price tags is more than made up for in the way they treat their customers.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for the info... most know on through web its a great experience, and its nice to hear that support in the BnM too!

The only issue I ever had with Frozen was the price of some items I just couldnt accept. Ive always gotten what I ordered packaged well and in a timely fashion though. Most of the stuff isnt even that overpriced but some of it is just gouging IMO. MoRa3 no shroud Frozen had it for $170 when I was looking for one, Performance-PCs had it for 145 I just couldnt do that one. I still think that there website is the best of all the cooling stores bar none though.

Mark @ Frozen CPU is the only guy I buy cooling stuff from. I've had a 12 year relationship with that company and they are solid!

Back