• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FrozenCPU and TigerDirect?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Culbrelai

Never used them, are they reputable? Haven't heard of FrozenCPU previous to this forum, TigerDirect either. Heard NewEgg from many forums, Amazon obviously is well-known for many things. Never knew they sold computer parts untill recently.

Reason I ask is because I once clicked on a FrozenCPU link for the CM 212 EVOs (that I ended up buying from NewEgg instead) and there was all of this extra silly little check boxes on the bottom of where you'd buy it, for energy drinks... and T-shirts... that just turned me off to the whole site, it seemed like one of those scandalous cash-for-gold websites...

Oh, alright. There are so many computer sites... sensory overload... argh. Almost as many computer parts retailers as there are computer builder sites...

I've bought a lot from frozencpu, and it's been nothing but a pleasure to do so. My last order was a waterblock and backplate for my gtx680 classified, which I paid the extra for overnight delivery. Got the waterblock next day, but turned out the backplate was out of stock. They shipped it overnight when it came in at no additional cost which I really hadn't expected. I'm pretty sure it cost more to ship that backplate overnight than the backplate cost.

I've always purchased my modding/cooling stuff from Frozencpu. Just changed my water pump, it lasted 2 weeks and just quit working. I called the place up and told them my info, he said the "RMA guy" would call me back. He never did.. Now i'm over 30 days and sure i have a $100 doorstop here.

I only gotta be screwed once to change where i get parts from, no matter how great they've been in the past.

Seem to carry a lot of watercooling parts... and LEDs...

Hmm. Bit overpriced, though. I like their cable organization and everything, certainly easier than NewEgg. And they sell Yate Loons...

I only gotta be screwed once to change where i get parts from, no matter how great they've been in the past.

Yeah, I'm similarly inclined to give up on brands (perhaps a bit more generally...) the first time. Simply because there are SO many other choices.

I bought a couple of small things from frozenCPU just to get a t-shirt! :)

FrozenCPU has a good selection of watercooling and modding products. TigerDirect I usually buy from to get cheap accessories like flash drives and such.

i like jab-tech personally they tend to have better prices though they dont have as wide of a selection.

Several good experiences with FrozenCPU myself. Their prices are a little steep but huge selection so they're usually a one stop shop. Thumbs up from me.

I've bought a few CPUs from them in the past with no problems. With the coupons their price was as good as microcenter.

Good, I'm about to buy my two Xeon E5620s from them, cheaper than both NewEgg and Amazon.

woot woot I hope I get some of those little OEM stickers, *Intel Xeon Inside*

Good, I'm about to buy my two Xeon E5620s from them, cheaper than both NewEgg and Amazon.

woot woot I hope I get some of those little OEM stickers, *Intel Xeon Inside*

When your looking at CPUs at superbiiz, they do sell a lot of OEM CPUs as well so just be aware of that...

Yeah I was gonna buy an OEM CPU but they have only a 30 day warranty and that isn't worth the savings im going Retail =P

Back