• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FT02 Extreme New Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TaHoward

Registered
Sold my previous computer and decided to try out air cooling again. No awsome mods in this one. I'll update as I go.

Here's the package:

Toys.jpg

Well, looks like I'll need to grab a temporary case. The FT02 that was shipped to me had stripped threads on the unibody panel. When I got the monster out of its box the front and rear sides of the aluminum panel were disconnected from the case. I tried screwing it back in place but the stripping is severe. :( My first newegg RMA...

On the bright side I have yet to find anything else to fail... havn't booted her up though :S.

Another picture! This has to be the best quality I have ever seen for any type of CPU cooling (water and air) I highly recommend the Silver Arrow so far, beautiful!

bracket.jpg

Installed!

Installed.jpg

Last edited:
The Silver Arrow is working wonders. With the side panel open on my temporary 600T idle temps dip in to 24C, typically hovering between 25-27C. Ambient is 72F.

Average idle temp between the two GTX 580's is 36-38C.

Idle_Temps.jpg

Ran P95 large FFT for 11 minutes to get an idea on load Temps:

Load_Temps.jpg

Not too bad, should make for good overclocking. :)

Everything installed in the temporary case:

Temporary_Case.jpg

Back