• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fun Times Got My Wisdom Teeth Out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I had mine pulled out 2-3 years ago. I remember laughing gas (that stuff rules). Other than that I remember going to work the next day. I don't explicitly recall any pain at all. I do remember everyone telling me not to lift anything heavy though. Other than that I never saw the big deal. Guess it depends a lot on the doctor though.

It depends on how badly your wisdom teeth and whether or not they're bone impacted,etc. For me they had to sedate me completely because they had to chip the jawbone moreso with some teeth than the others and I can confidently the swelling was very, very bad (imagine 2 big lollypops in each cheek). It all depends on the teeths growth, some people can just get their wisdom teeth pulled, others need a lot of surgery.

Last edited:
I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth out last June. All I can remember during it was the guy asking me if I wanted to keep the teeth (I was on the gas but still semi-awake..it was weird). After that I went home, and my sister bought my five $2 scratch tickets and I won $1000 :D

i remember getting mine cut out...i was a real wuss and took the painless operation choice, they gave me pills to take 30min before arriving, nitroused me while i was in the chair, then hit me with some heavy drugs i only remember putting the mask on then waking up asking if they had started...... they then put me on some off make vikadin and that stuff didnt do a thing for me..... i did however mooch a few days out of school from the whole deal...

lastly imho the pain is bearable, it's the foods and the bloody gums along with the weirdness of the gums back there after they finished

Yeah I was bad today and had some ham and eggs. I had to have solid food. Couldn't take anymore liquids..................so nasty. I'm enjoying the jello and ice cream though :bday:

I got out alive. Easy pull for me. I was playing basketball and eating pizza two hours later. :D

Oh, and my teeth said "hello"

teeth.jpg

:D

:eek: Holy.............those things are huge no wonder my jaw aches so bad. :bday: I couldn't have gotten mine anyway though they drilled into mine and then used something to break them in half ( and my jaw almost) and then yanked them. Man that was uncomfortable, he was almost using my entire face as a lever.

They kept telling me that my jaw was dislocating itself on them so that's why they stabbed into my gums a few times when they didnt need to. :D I'm like a snake! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL, funny thread.

I personally got mine out around New Years of '03. Spat up blood for the next 5-6 days and I had just gotten over mono. My oral surgeon was pretty cool though; young but experienced. I only felt one of the shots, the one in the roof of my mouth. It felt like it was scrapping my septum and as soon as I felt and heard (it scrapping), my toes curled and dug my fingernails into the arms of the chair.

But it only took about 10mins and I was out'a there. Only three teeth actually ever came in and they were all straight. I was lucky. I smoke and my doc was cool enough to tell me how to smoke and not upset the healing wounds.

I still have the holes in the back of my mouth; barely notice them though. The bone is slowly filling in.

Mine where impacted when I got mine taken out. Was only going to be 2 at a time, but went for all 4 right away. Went in got it done had 2 asprine prior to the removal and 1 of the pills they gave me after it. Never had any other pain meds related to the removal of mine. It was so nice :)

I swear everyone makes it sound worse then it truley is.

Yeah, I agree, it seems like everyone makes it sound worse than it seems. The only thing that sucked about getting mine out was my needle experience in my previous story. *shudder*

lol yeah I hate needles. They give me the willies.

It's not that painful.........just a dull ache and my face is swelling. What's killing me is I have a high metabolism and only being able to drink protein shakes and eat ice cream is killing me. I need solid food.............. Today at school I hate a cholote shake and tapioca pudding for lunch. Normally I have a triple decker sandwich, chips, a cookie, and then I'll usually run down and pick up a chicken sandwich too...... so I'm dying right now. I have 5 hrs to go before I can get home to eat and my stomach is aching all ready :eh?:

I feel for you guys. I had to have all 6 (yes I said six) of my wisdom teeth pulled. I know the pain is horrid before you get them pulled. Get plenty of rest while you can and keep those gause pads in you mouth, (I spit blood for 2 weeks) and you'll be doing good in no time.

ps. I know you said you were getting tired of the yogart and protien shakes, and you didn't like the pain medice. Well, i got a solution for you. Throw it all in the trash. Go and buy a 2 gallons of orange juicen and a gallon of vodka. Voila. You get nutrition and the pain goes away.

Oh man, getting my wisdom teeth pulled sucked. Was awake through the whole procedure, then got dry socket a few days later. Mouth was swollen and painful for about 2 weeks. I guess I was just unlucky.

Yeesh, my surgeon told me about the dry socket. Ouch, sorry to hear that bro.

My doc also told me that the roots of the tooth on my bottom jaw (only had one on my bottom jaw, the other one never came in) were extremely close to a nerve that controlled feeling to that side of my face (including my lower lip) and could be risky taking it out. LOL, I was just like, "Well then... luck better be on my side this afternoon!"

Just don't poke at it and you won't get dry socket. :D

When they stitch your gums they leave a blood clot pretty much so it keeps the nerves more protected, but if the blood is gone or picked away, then it exposes those nerves to whatever you put in your mouth, causing a lot of pain.

Back