• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fun Times Got My Wisdom Teeth Out

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i just got my wisdom teeth out 2 hours ago :(
it was kinda cool. they put me under nitrus for 10 minutes.during that time the HOT nurse that was there was talking to the other nurse about toning her *** and boobs :D. i came to find out that she's 21 and a single mom :-/.
anyway, then they put in the iv (which i didnt feel) in and i was out in a few minutes.
i wake up ZERO PAIN - guazzz in my moth and this thing wrapped around my head w/ice packs. now its startin to hurt but i just took ibuprofen. in general tho, it barelly hurts :). just the damn guazz is annoying the crap out of me. btw i just drank a choco shake so now im on my second set of gauze. fun stuff

lol that guaze is disgusting I tossed mine after the first day. The bleeding didn't bug me that much, it was slow, and it stopped within a few hours.

Man I wish my nurse had been hot :D When I went to that dentist last time there was a super cute nurse that was flirting with me but I was drugged up and not sure if she was there or not when I came to do the surgery. Do you just have ibuprofen? or do you have pain meds? When their drugs wear off your jaw will fire up really fast so I'd get some meds if you don't have any. Keep ice on your face too. Mine was swollen for 3 days even with ice on there constantly. Good luck man :D I have 5 days till my stitches are out but it's not even buggin me anymore except for the stitches get food stuck in them.............that and brushing your teeth is hard :eh?: get breathe mints lol........get lots of mints.

Cerberus2k7 said:
Just don't poke at it and you won't get dry socket. :D

When they stitch your gums they leave a blood clot pretty much so it keeps the nerves more protected, but if the blood is gone or picked away, then it exposes those nerves to whatever you put in your mouth, causing a lot of pain.

My dentist told me about that when I had mine done. I managed to pop my stiches within 8 hours of the operation, but I never rinsed the clot out, so I was ok. It took about 2 weeks until I stopped getting solid food stuck in the holes, and about a month to heal fully. I had to have one split in half, and the other one came out just fine.

After he had pulled the lower right one, he starts going 'ok, that's that just rinse and . . . ' and I'm like 'Nononono! I'm here, I'm half-numb already, just numb the other side and get it out, too!' He's like ' . . . . Alrighty!' and out the other one came.

A friend of mine's brother had his removed, and they had accidently cut into an artery that they didn't know was there. The majority of the op was spent getting that under control. They did manage to close it, but once he was home it ripped open and started bleeding freely again. He was rushed to the OR where he underwent emergency surgery to have it repaired. He could've died.

Had mine out, i've found through the years that i am resistant to the shots they give you to numb the pain. Last 2 that were pulled out, they musta gave me 20 shots. I could still feel it as though they never gave me a shot at all. The dentist called the Oral surgen to see if he could put me under, he was out of the office...

So they decided to drill strait down to the roots and then stick the needle direct into the roots, then pull quickly. It was a living hell....

lol man I can feel for you. Pain killer doesn't work on me either. They have to give me 5 shots at least before they can fix a cavity. It sucks.

i got 4 of them pulled last year too, and i was awake BTW, my family was so poor we can't afford sleeping gas and the teeth were killing me, lol took me 2 whole week to recover, can't even sleep for the 1st several day cuzz the blood keep rushing to the opening when i lay down, had to sleep strait up. I'm glad i got it pull, now my teeth feels normal, for the whole year when i had them, i felt pain occationally but didn't know the cause, now i know. BTW one one posted a pix with 4 of his teeth whole, mine was saw, and drill, they took them out by bits, it hurts like hell.

got mine pulled last thursday
had sleeping gas, IV, and then a bottle of vikadin till the pain went a away. i got uber lucky and my cheeks never got puffy. that same day we went to Champs and i had some good patato soup and like 3 cups of strawberry margarits :D
then i went to DQ for a blizzard. the next couple dayz i ate lots of DQ, honestly tho it hurt so little that i only used vikadin the day i had the surgery. i guess it all depends on how good your surgen(my parents claim i got the best :p ) is or your body's reaction to it. im happy tho, plus my nurse was really really hot :D she was 21 38DD's and somehow she told me all about that and more during the 5-8 minutes i was awake during the operation. all in all, my teeth feel normal and it was no where near as bad as i thought it would be :)
i'v still got a whole bottle of vikadin chillin in my room. not that im a drugi or anything LOL i hear the stuff's expensive
btw i only bled for a couple hours after the surgery...

d94 said:
im happy tho, plus my nurse was really really hot she was 21 38DD's and somehow she told me all about that and more during the 5-8 minutes i was awake during the operation.

I think you hallucinated there bud :D

i also think someones pain tolerance will influence alot, i have a very high tollerance, thus i doubt it will hurt that bad, to me

Well just got my stitches out this morning so I'm free forever :D

It wasn't that bad really. The first two days suck so bad but after that it's smooth goin. I have a cute nurse at my dentist too..........I was seriously considering askin her out because she's about my age but I was too drugged up lol.

Back