• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 6100 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

epictehninja

Hi everyone! First of all I should say that I'm rather new to this, so sorry if anything I say sounds stupid or noobish. I've got an FX 6100 and I bought a liquid cooling system so I decided to try my hand at overclocking. I decided to use AMD Overdrive to see how far I could push it, so I haven't set anything in the BIOS yet. I got it running stability at 4.2GHZ with the CPU VID set to 1.4375. Everything in my computer seems to run normally, but for some reason YouTube and other online videos are messed up, with the sound playing normally but the video playing choppy like a scratched DVD. I tried turning down my OC and it got better, but it didn't completely fix until I turned it all the way back down to base (3.3GHS). Does anyone know what could be causing this? Is it a problem with Overdrive that will fix if I use the BIOS?

First you should uninstall AMD OD. We find that for the most part all it does is cause problems.
Then give this forum a read it will help give you an understanding of the terms we're going to use and how they relate to eachother and OC'ing.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688663

Then if you're serious about overclocking. Download HWMonitor(non pro version) and Prime 95. Open up HWmonitor and run prime. Take some captures of hwmonitor while system is stressed, Also download CPU-z and post a capture of the main tab spd tab and memory tab. Windows snipping tool works great for this and attatch them directly to your next post.
This will give us a lot of info about your system that we need.
Also put up a signature that includes all the parts of your setup. You can find this under quicklinks at the top of the page "edit signature"

And :welcome: to OCF techninja

Ooooh that's a nice and purdy link Gonester, I'm going to have to borrow that one. :)

Back