• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fx 6300 and gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
See I feel kind of like Hicks says up there. Some of the slowdowns and hiccups make me want to do the switch to intel, but spending probably 300+ just for the cpu and mobo, keeps my trigger finger at bay. Well, that and the fact there is no Microcenter close to me :D

I'm looking at snatching up a 6300 in a few days, I'm a pretty light multitasker anyway. Just waiting til after the holidays with hopes of maybe snagging a little faster ram and maybe a liquid cooler.

I would make the jump up to an 8320, but my mobo wouldnt be up to the task of letting it run wild and free. Could probably get away with letting it graze in a nice little fenced in area though... hmmmmm :shrug:

I am just kind of at the point where if im going to buy a new mobo to match a cpu, I may as well snag an intel setup. Although if I come across a pretty solid deal I'd look into jumping on it.

I really think you will be happy with the 6300. The Vishera chips are ~ 1 chip offset in power usage from Zambezi. Ie, an 83xx pulls about the same power as a 61xx, the 63xx pulls about the same as a 41xx, and the 43xx well it would suck alot less but they are currently clocking them extra high which puts it around the same as a 6300.

What you get with a 6300 is gonna be 2 more cores for the same power/heat as the 41xx you have now, but your going to get ~10% more performance per core up to 4.2Ghz and every 100Mhz past 4.2 your picking up another ~ 1%(Because BD chokes to death after ~4Ghz). All in all Id say its a fair upgrade at a decent price.

Back