• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fx 6300 overclock question!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brokencarr00t1

Hey ive just overclocked my fx 6300 from 3.5 ghz to 4.3ghz. When i overclocked to 4.3 ghz first time i had voltage around 1.400 , but now ive tried to lower to 1.300 and its works , pc dont crash. Now i wonder should i go lower in voltage to see how much voltage do i need for 4.3hz? I mean is it good to try lower voltage to see if will work with 4.3ghz? Is it safe ?

When overclocked to 4.3 ghz with 1300voltage my temps are IDLE around 37c and when running prime 95 around 49c.

Im using sabertooth 990fx r2.0 and have a cooler master hyper 212.

Also when i set minimal voltage to this speed i was plaining on raising voltage and speed more than 4.3 , 4.5ghz for example.

need advice on this ! :) Thanks

Welcome to OCF brokencar00t1 :welcome:
To start if you haven't already check this guide, it has lots of useful info in it. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688663
If you're planning on going for 4.5, I would test the 4.3 you have now with 20 minutes of P95 blend torture test. While testing have HWmonitor free version open to monitor your temps and volts. At 20 minutes take a snip of it with windows snipping tool and post it up for us to have a looksey. Also can you include a shot of CPU-z , main, SPD and memory tabs. This will give us a good idea of what you're system is doing. It helps us help you a lot.
I know it seems like a lot to ask but we will also need to know some particulars about your system. So if you navigate up to quick links in the drop down you'll see "edit signature" follow that link and list your components like you see under my post.

Welcome to OCF brokencar00t1 :welcome:
To start if you haven't already check this guide, it has lots of useful info in it. http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=688663
If you're planning on going for 4.5, I would test the 4.3 you have now with 20 minutes of P95 blend torture test. While testing have HWmonitor free version open to monitor your temps and volts. At 20 minutes take a snip of it with windows snipping tool and post it up for us to have a looksey. Also can you include a shot of CPU-z , main, SPD and memory tabs. This will give us a good idea of what you're system is doing. It helps us help you a lot.
I know it seems like a lot to ask but we will also need to know some particulars about your system. So if you navigate up to quick links in the drop down you'll see "edit signature" follow that link and list your components like you see under my post.

Thank you for answering!

Right now running at 4.4 ghz with 1.35 voltage. Seems fine so far , running prime95 and this is what i get. Check picture bellow:

http://imageshack.com/a/img841/2362/byy8.png

Looks good so far, I would ask that you attach the pics directly to the post though and include the cpu-z spd and memory tabs. To attach pics go down to the reply box and click go advanced, next page you'll see a paper clip in the options at the top. The pics need to be around 500KB or less. This way all can see easily.

vvph.png

53p5.png

w4n8.png

Right now running at 4.5 ghz on 1.38 voltage. Seems fine so far! Prime95 still running without errors.

Alright ive just failed last core. Get errors from prime95. Now i understand that i should raise voltage. But my question is when i raise cpu voltage should i raise cpu/np voltage too ?

Nice, that looks pretty good so far. One suggestion I would make is setting the ram to it's rated timings. You'll see them listed under the XMP 1600. Go into bios and change them under Dram timings section. With the Sabertooth bios you'll be able to see the timings for reference in the tools section under spd. Then you can jump between pages, just set the main timings that you see in the CPU_Z shot.

EDIT:
Alright ive just failed last core. Get errors from prime95. Now i understand that i should raise voltage. But my question is when i raise cpu voltage should i raise cpu/np voltage too ?

Yes raise the CPU voltage and after you set the ram it may be necessary to alter the CPU_NB voltage so drop back to 4.4 and set the ram. Then test again to make sure the new settings are OK before we try to go higher.

It often helps stability if you give the ram a small voltage boost when it's running at XMP frequencies and timings. So if the stock voltage for the ram is 1.5, try giving it 1.55. Also, giving the CPU/NB a small voltage bump can help with stability when overclocking, say move it to 1.225v.

Alright , i did all that you say. Now im running 4.5mhz with 1.4 voltage. Getting 57 max temps when prime95 is running. I wonder how long should i let prime95 to run. Run it already 30 minutes.

Also wanned to thank you for helping me. Im not going to overclock more than 4.5mhz for now. Maybe in the future if i decide that i need better performance in games.

Alright , i did all that you say. Now im running 4.5mhz with 1.4 voltage. Getting 57 max temps when prime95 is running. I wonder how long should i let prime95 to run. Run it already 30 minutes.

Also wanned to thank you for helping me. Im not going to overclock more than 4.5mhz for now. Maybe in the future if i decide that i need better performance in games.
For true stability most of us consider 2 hours prime blend the standard.

Back