• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX 6300 overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I hope so too. Thanks for all the help! I will give an update. Hoping to get to at least 4.3ghz with no issues. Should be a nice 24/7 overclock I think. Since I my computer is always on I might settle for 4.2mgz, I guess it will all depend on temps

Quick update.... Haven't had time to start the overclock on the cpu but I have been checking the memory clocks and timings after setting to DOCP and they seem to be stable and holding the setting. Will attempt overclocking tomorrow. I also have a g.skill sniper 8GB kit on order just in case things didn't get better I could pull other the corsair and try with the g.skill to see if that solves the issue.

Update....Overclock is at 4.2 @1.32v as of now. Ran 10 minutes of p95 to see if anything would get unstable. Both cpu and memory are holding stable for now. Will begin a 2hr test now on small fft and see how that does. Then will do another 2hr run on custom using 75% of memory. Hopefully nothing goes wrong!!

Sounds good, so the new bios seems to have helped then

Sounds good, so the new bios seems to have helped then

Seems like it did foreceive now. Memory clocks seem to be holding. We will see if it holds as the testing continues. I've the sad reading go blank in the middle of p95 testing runs. I am hopeful that the bios update took care of the instability.

oc4.2.PNG

2hrs of p95 small FFT down. All is stable so far. Starting the custom test. Hope all stays stable. will report back when custom test is complete.

oc4.2-2.PNG

2+hrs of custom p95 and all good. Now for 2hrs of In-place large FFT and see what it does... How long do I actually need to stress test for? I've read that 2hrs is plenty, others say 6hrs and yet others swear that 12+hrs is a must. So which one is right and which one is excessive?

2hrs is generally good to get you in the ballpark. Test further with your everyday usage. ;)

I find that 2 hours on blend is plenty, I also close the door to the room the computer is in to let the temps rise some.
that normally keeps me stable in most everything with fx processors.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will let the test run for a couple hrs and post back results. Is the blend as good, better or worse than the custom test I ran?

oc4.2-3.PNG

2hrs 45min of large fft and no error or memory failure! my memory would have crashed by now on the old bios for sure. Looks like the update worked for now at least. Will keep testing on regular applications and numerous reboots. Thanks to all for the help! Will report back, hopefully everything stays stable.

@Johan45... good call on the bios update!! Seems to have taken care of the memory problem. I think I can say problem solved! Thank you to everyone that chimed in with suggestions. After a few days of runing stable I wouldn't think it would crash, so thanks again to everyone!

Back