• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-6300 with CPU NB Freq set to 2200 or 2400 causes video issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

madman7

OK guys here's the issue. I've got my FX-6300 OC to 4.4 ghz and it's stable on P95 for 2 hours. It was suggested I raise the CPU NB freq to 2400-2600. I couldn't get 2600 stable enough with a nb cpu voltage of 1.3v. I backed it down to 2400 with a cpu nb voltage of 1.25 and it was stable on P95 after 2 hours. Now the issue arises. When the PC is first turned on all boots and loads fine. When I go to some games, the video is jerky and the game is not playable. This had me stumbled. If I rebooted the computer, all loads fine and the games played fine. I then set the CPU NB Freq back to auto(2000) and have started the PC fresh many times with no issues. I then set the CPU NB Freq to 2200 and the video would be messed up on a start up. What's odd is when the video is messed up a reboot fixes the issue. I now have the CPU NB freq at auto now and all is fine. Any ideas?
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
This is not the first time we have seen Gigabyte having issue with NB changes. You could try just a bit more CPU_NB voltage, it's possible you have a weak IMC if more voltage doesn't help sort it out I'd be inclined to try a different BIOS version

Back