• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-8120 now showing up in HwMonitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
packages = the new and more real CPU Core Temps. There is only one 'sending' output for the core temp and the core temp is calculated anyway, so 'one' temp is just plenty and now they accurately have one temp for core temp and label it 'package', strangely, but so it is.

If package temp doesn't show up, make sure that in bios the core unlocking function is not enabled. That prevents the reading of core temps but I'm not sure what it does to package temp. You have no cores to unlock anyway.

How about TMPIN 1? That just popped up in HW Monitor under CPU when I cut my computer on this morning.

If you don't find a specifically labeled "CPU" or "CPUTIN" line in HWMonitor then one of the TMPINx lines will be the CPU socket temp. Which one may be a little difficult to say, particularly of they are all reporting similar temps.

Why don't you click on Go Advanced and the the little paperclip tool in advanced post window and attach a pic of HWMonitor for us to look at? First crop and save the image with Windows Accessories Snipping Tool.

Here is HW monitor for you. I've been noticing changes every time I restart my comp.

Sometimes it only says CPU and Mainboard, now it says CPU, Mainboard, and TMPIN2, sometimes it'll be TMPIN0 or 1.

Also, are those volts ok? I know it says +12 and that seems a bit lower than 12v and +5V is a little lower than 5.

Attachments

• HW1.jpg
    HW1.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 1,240
  • HW2.jpg
    HW2.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,285
Don't use the "Pro" version of HWMonitor unless you pay for it. It's only free for a limited time trial use and then it starts to close off some features and block them.

are-temps8120fx-ok.png

Are those temps close to reality??
Sythe Mugen 3 is blowing up "cold" air,so i hope it is fine .

in CPUID HW PRO Temperatures:SYSTIN ,CPUTIN ,TMPIN3,AUXTIN never shows more then 39-40,CPUTIN raise to 40C under full stres.

my amd8120FX [email protected] Turbo on too 4.Ghz.
i hope i can OC to stable 4.2.
every reply is welcome i am new at OC.
Rok

Usually we look at pics of HWMonitor under load or under stress for the Min and the Max values to determine if temps are okay. I don't think that HWMonitor capture is done while the system was loaded. Otherwise it looks okay. Good fortune to you.

Barocco as Trents said try not to use HWMonitor Pro as it shuts down the features and Blocks them! This is the one to use and Download and keep? AJ.

1, http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

RGone and Trents Merry Xmas Guy's and Trents take it easy buddy after your Operation!

I hope your holiday season is nice to you and yours Ajay57.

Trents man, Get R Done. Thinking of you. RGone...ster. :chair:

Usually we look at pics of HWMonitor under load or under stress for the Min and the Max values to determine if temps are okay. I don't think that HWMonitor capture is done while the system was loaded. Otherwise it looks okay. Good fortune to you.
Thanks for info apreciate it: will stress with prime95-torture test,monitore with HWMonitor and AIDA64 OSD(ON SCREEN DISPLAY) to monitore my temp.then i will edit pictures of all my temperatures to se it it is realy ok and if system is stabile.

found 14days ago full stres test with AIDA64Extreme Edition

Last edited:
Back