• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fx 8120 overclocked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigwils1

Registered
I have my cpu overclocked to 4.2ghz my cooler is corsair h40 temps are showing 48c load with core temp im using a asrock 970 extreme3 mobo im just asking if i buy a cordsair h100 how much overclock you think i can push out

Core temps on the FX CPUs typically read about 15c cooler than they really are. Poorly calibrated. What's the CPU socket temp reading? You would need to use HWMonitor to see both temps at the same time. In HWMonitor he CPU socket temp may appear as one of the TMPINx lines.

We have gone through most of this already with bigwils in another thread.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=704667

There is no way we can tell you exactly bigwils but the H100 will allow you allot more headroom on your temps over the H40.

Ok sorry lads i will close this now just abit worried thats all of spending £100 for just a extra 100mhz my aim is 4.5ghz uf iv hit 4.2ghz on h40 so i should with h100 thanks again im going to make the plunge

have same rig except extreme4 mobo. Mine is 4 ghz stable (24h test). just watch out as the core temperature is wrong. always read the CPUTIN readings,

There is more to an OC then just cooling your CPU, yor whole sytem comes into play and all the parts make things a little different for you. The problem bigwils is we cant tell what kind of temp improvment you will get with any different cooler. We can guess, thats about it. The H100 cooler is one of the bestcoolers out there without going to a custom loop. Will you be able to get to 4.5GHZ, more than likely yes but like I said that is just a guess. There have been more than a few people that have.

Come on lads im new to forums i wasnt ment to hijack anybodys forum posts i thought it was all just ask qaustions hope someone would ask simple as

No worries bigwils you did the right thing starting this thread. Things can get a bit confusing when you are helping a couple people in 1 thread all asking different questions ..... why its incuraged to start your own thread like trents suggested.

Come on lads im new to forums i wasnt ment to hijack anybodys forum posts i thought it was all just ask qaustions hope someone would ask simple as

It's okay. You did the right thing by starting your own. It can take awhile to learn how things are done and not done around here. We're here to help you. So have you made changes to your hardware since the other thread you posted in?

We still need you to create a Sig so we can have ready access to your system info. Click on Quick Links at the top of the page and then click on Edit Signature. Refer to mine or bassnut's if you want an example of what components we're looking for to be included in the Sig. You won't have access to the Sig function if you're posting from a mobile device.

OMG am i thick but i have fixed my throttling issue on my fx 8120,in my system iv noticed i havent had a 4 pin cpu fan connection on any of my fans there are all only 3pin so i when to my local pc store got a good 4pin fan plugged it in my cpu1 slot and walla its stops throttling i wonder if the motherboard wich is a srock 970 extreme3 was thinking there was no cpu fan plugged in with it only been 3pins????? very strange but to all those people haveing throttling issues on asrock 970 extreme3 try that see if it works hope i have fixed alot of peoples nightmares now just dont fry your cpu.

That could be but I would assume you had the fan for your CPU cooler pluged into the CPU fan terminal on the board at CPU Fan 1 or CPU Fan 2 or your temps would have been allot higher if it had run more than a few min at all. It shouldnt have mattered if it was a 3 or 4 pin fan as long as the bios could read it. Mind you I have never had an Asroc board and thier logic might be different than Asus asfar as fan controle goes.

All the same glad you have found your problem.

last asrock

That could be but I would assume you had the fan for your CPU cooler pluged into the CPU fan terminal on the board at CPU Fan 1 or CPU Fan 2 or your temps would have been allot higher if it had run more than a few min at all. It shouldnt have mattered if it was a 3 or 4 pin fan as long as the bios could read it. Mind you I have never had an Asroc board and thier logic might be different than Asus asfar as fan controle goes.

All the same glad you have found your problem.

its going to be my last asrock mobo because there customer service stinks 2 weeks 8 emails not 1 reply i should have stuck to gigabyte

You have to bug them. Send them another email. It's the same with all the other board manufacturers it seems to me. None of them are very responsive.

Back