• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Fx 8150 getting hot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MyxAMDx

I have a fx 8150 with a H80 in push pull overclocked to 4.0 at 1.35 volts. When ever I run a benchmark like prime 95 or intelburn test my temps shoot up and I am wondering if that is normal. I have attached a picture of my hw monitor the core temps seem fine but the cpu temp seems to get to high. Basically, I just want to know if this is normal or if something might be wrong with the mobo which is a Asus crosshair formula v or with my H80 or fx8150. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• 8150 hw monitor.jpg
    8150 hw monitor.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 67
Welcome to the forums :)

It's normal for the CPU temperature to increase when you put it under load, often by tens of degrees Celsius. So long as your CPU temperatures stay at about ~60C when under load you shouldn't have anything to worry about, and it can probably tolerate ~70C, although I've never played with the Bulldozer chips myself.

Back