• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-8350 problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ya I'm pretty much out of ideas. Hopefully a new windows will work. What version of BIOS are you running?? The reason I ask is you don't have any profiles set up yet for the 8350 so a bios flash wouldn't be erasing anything at this point. I would just hate to see you go through a re-install and not fix the problem. Follow me ? I know from experience that an old bios can do weird things when swapping parts around. I f you do decide to flash it make sure to clear the CMOS after. Gives it a good fresh start and is necessary.
Hi, I'm running 1503. You are right about not erasing anything. After the CMOS clear all the profiles were still there. I went through & setup a whole new profile. I believe I might have found something that will work from the internet. I'm going to try it now & will report back.

Good luck. Just FYI if you flash the BIOS all your profiles WILL be gone.

I have a winner:clap:It Seems in this case at least since msconfig was only showing the possibility of selecting 1-4 cores. The correct way to correct the problem was to uncheck the box (number of processors) & then reboot. Came up after reboot like ss below.

Time for lunch!!!

Attachments

• cpuz.PNG
    cpuz.PNG
    20.4 KB · Views: 32
Back