• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-8350 (Vishera) owner testing.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The only good thing that's come their way is Nintendo are on board, they are using an AMD GPU for the new Wii U.
Let's hope it sells as well as the Wii did so AMD can get some much needed revenue from it.

Later perhaps Sony will come onboard to, see here Cheeky little prediction about their possible next APU in that to.

Tablet's, yes they now have a viable, very good actualy,- APU. they are promising they will be in some Tablet's soon, what or when they don't say, as usual.

Oh yes, and then there are the new 8### Series GPU's, AMD have actually taken a little piece of Nvidia's Market with the 7### Series, the 8### series early next year is bound to get them more unless Nvidia already have a response.

Yeah.

Frakk, the Hondo x86 APU unfortunately has a TDP of 4.5w. I think it will be in some tablets, but won't be popular :( It needs like...2w or less to compete with ARM tablets as far as doing things like streaming YouTube and stuff...:(

On top of that like I said about people and x86 tablets, the CPU will be extremely-extremely slow for x86 applications/programs...frustrating users :/ and it would have the App Stores of the android tablets, though I hear they are working with BlueStacks (they make an android emulator) to provide full access to all those Android apps.

Yeah.

Frakk, the Hondo x86 APU unfortunately has a TDP of 4.5w. I think it will be in some tablets, but won't be popular :( It needs like...2w or less to compete with ARM tablets as far as doing things like streaming YouTube and stuff...:(

On top of that like I said about people and x86 tablets, the CPU will be extremely-extremely slow for x86 applications/programs...frustrating users :/ and it would have the App Stores of the android tablets, though I hear they are working with BlueStacks (they make an android emulator) to provide full access to all those Android apps.

The power is a problem, but apparently not that much, they are still looking to get 6 to 10 hours use out of them, and the IGPU again knocks the competition into last year.

I need to find the article, but a write up has the x86 performance as "not bad at all" it's based on Bobcat, Intel's is based on Atom, the IPC is actually better on Bobcat vs Atom, but Hondo is clocked at 2x 1Ghz, vs 1.8Ghz

And BlueStacks, yes, that looks pretty certain, AMD are in partnership with them already.

Hondo seems pretty damned awesome to me. It has a 6250 in it, which would crush graphics offered by anyone else.

Seems like a nice APU to throw in an ultraportable. Which I happen to be in the market for.

The power is a problem, but apparently not that much, they are still looking to get 6 to 10 hours use out of them, and the IGPU again knocks the competition into last year.

I need to find the article, but a write up has the x86 performance as "not bad at all" it's based on Bobcat, Intel's is based on Atom, the IPC is actually better on Bobcat vs Atom, but Hondo is clocked at 2x 1Ghz, vs 1.8Ghz

And BlueStacks, yes, that looks pretty certain, AMD are in partnership with them already.
I just hope they can find a way to idle/standby instantly and wake without delay like ARM devices, I think that's what will kill them...

ARM tablet can go 2 weeks on standby and still have some power left, I don't know about an x86 tab like this...hopefully yes :confused:

AMD's main issue, is that even though the performance segment of the market is only a small segment, it's also the most profitable segment. Likewise, if you've a strong competitor there then it has a trickle down effect, and more people will purchase the lower end offerings. Generally the pople who don't know any better.

I can still remember people buying Atlhon X2's because of past talk of how great they were, quite some time after the Core2Duo's had been released.....

Hondo seems pretty damned awesome to me. It has a 6250 in it, which would crush graphics offered by anyone else.

Seems like a nice APU to throw in an ultraportable. Which I happen to be in the market for.

Aparently it's a proper little portable gaming machine, AMD's own add, so take it with of pinch salt

people want to play games on tablets, proper 3D games. It could be a great selling point if AMD play it right, it would also excuse the higher power consumption, which only happens if you use it to play games or use OpenCL direct compute app's anyway.

Edit, welcome back mjw21a :)

Haha, I never really left dude...... I simply read the threads, though I don't always have time to do so..... Starting to play BF3 again, though had to drop back to stock clocks as it was crashing BF3. Summer sucks, you sit in your room on weekends sweating while you game.....

Back