• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX-8370 overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kenrou

AMD FX-8370, 4800 MHz (24 x 200)
CPU 1.440v - CPU/NB 1.2v - CPU/VDDA 2.5V
NB 2200mhz / HT Link 2600mhz
Noctua NH-D15 - 2x140mm stock
Asus Crosshair V Formula

Max core temp 60, socket temp 69 on Prime95 small fft.

I know i got a meh chip but what do you guys think ? Decent ? overkill ? should i back down a little ? other overclock marks are 4.6ghz 1.368v 50 degrees (noctua 50%) and 4.7ghz 1.392v 52 degrees (noctua 100%).

ITS ALIIIIIIIIIIIVE !!!.jpg

Looks good. Probably for me would run whatever 50% Noctua would allow just to reduce noise. But the rig is yours and the ears are yours.

RGone...

Noctua is set to 50% normally and to only go berserk when socket reaches 60, so far no game has pushed it above 50. Maybe when my new Strix 970 comes i can set graphics to ultra and i can game test this baby properly :D

4.8 on Air is pretty darn good as well as 1.44 Cpu v to do so. I wouldn't call it a Meh chip just yet. Unfortunately, these chips need super cooling to really stretch their legs and you need that to determine whether it's a Meh chip. :D

Well I'm probably wrong in doing it but I'm comparing to my last chip, FX-4300 OC 4.7ghz at 1.308v. Even taking acount being an 8 core, 4.8ghz at 1.440v is a bit meh 😊 I'm assuming it's average in this line ?

I guess it all depends on what you feel is an average chip. Running air 4.8 is a pretty good OC. My thoughts on a Meh or average chip is not the norm. Meh for me is a chip tht won't do high Oc's on sub ambient cooling, as our resident Rgonster says. Strokes folks :D

Autch, that vcore...

Yep, I'd say your chip is probably slightly above average for the newer generation of FX CPUs that I have seen.I say this because of the Air cooling, if you were on water you could likely run 200MHz faster with the same voltage. Heat is a big factor when it come to overclocking.

I been noticing :mad: Thank you for your comments, now i got my new Strix 970 to go with it, im happy like a pig in mud :clap:

Yes the new Nvidia cards are pretty sweet. Game on Mr.

Back