• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED FX Series cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pbcranium202

With the implementation of the closed loop water cooling included with the FX series cpu's is it still recommended to get aftermarket cooling if you plan to OC? I plan on making a build using a FX-6200 paired up with a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 and will OC.

With a LCLC, you don't usually need any better aftermarket cooler, the only better thing without touching Extreme is a real watercooling loop, like, f.ex., mine.

Th FX series do not include an LCLC system. They just have one that you can purchase thats AMD branded. The includeded heatpipe HS/F is decent but I would absolutely recommend something ALOT chunkier if you plan to OC it.

yes, the new amd fx series processor are known to be extremely hot .. so I would recommend aftermarket cooling .. I just bought the new 8120 8 core processor .. running it normally it hits 30-40 temp .. on stock cooling oc'd would get to a high 60 . too hot at this rate ill fry the chip .. I have to run it normal speeds until I get better cooling. also any noticeable difference in between the 990fxa-ud3 and ud5 ?

Back