• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fx6100 psu problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thirnick

Registered
fx6100
ga 970 ud3
cooler master 460w
hyper 212 evo
kingston hyperx 1600

i am new to OC and overclockers is great and i wish to thank all members

i have two questions
my memory is 1.65v bios is stuck on 1.5v?
when overclocking past 4 ghz the fpu bench is slower
is this due to my low wattage psu

also turbo mode does not work

Sounds like you are getting thermal down-throttling. Have you done any CPU socket and core temp monitoring. HWMonitor up and running while you stress the CPU would be a good idea.

thank you for your response

yes im getting 47c at 4 ghz i have three temps next one down is 35c
running ubuntu10.10 my sensor app aslo shows three fans cpu 1500rpm
there is nine volt reading in0 1.312 and in1 1.503v other readings are much higher
my stress test is a command line program called stress dont know how good it
is but it loads all cores 100%

i looked in bios vcore = 1.3125v
and vmem=1.5v

Last edited:
In bios, you need to disable Cool N Quiet, C1E and Turbo Boost or Turbo Core or whatever they may call it. And there are some other green, down-throttling technologies that need to be disabled in bios with the FX CPUs but I can't remember what they are.

Also, and very important, the motherboard can have some thermal threshold technology that throttles things down when a certain CPU socket temp is reached. Usually its set too conservatively for overclockers but look for it in the bios under PC Health or some such thing. It may be manually adjustable.

Maybe someone else can help with that. This is a common problem with the FX CPUs.

its hardware thermal control and it is in pc health
my temp went up a little but the voltages were not jumping around anymore
i got it up to 4.2 with small gain in performance
it did better with the automatic settings
i think thats all this chip is good for
then again maybe i do need more power
thank you for your help

update: put in a 600w psu now its running great

Last edited:
Back