• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fx6300 of problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

H3n0420

This is the weirdest thing I've ever experienced.. I had my fx 6300 ocd to 4.4ghz then I reinstalled windows... Now the display flashes on and off 3-8 times then kicks me to windows log on. I can sometimes keep it on if I enable all the power save features like cnq c6e n what ever, but I can't get it to 4.4 with those on I end up at like 3.9ghzish. Before the reinstall of windows I was able to leave occt on all night no prob ocd at 4.4ghz

Hmm, yea, I don't think I restored the bios to default before installing

It is a good practice but I personally have not had a problem installing Window on overclocked computers as long as the overclock is stable in the first place. In this scenario, I certainly would try it again at stock, however. Make notes of current overclock settings first in order to restore it after the installation if you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have another video card you can try? And could it be a problem with the display?

And why did you need to reinstall Windows in the first place? What was going wrong?

Had some pesky adware or something. Had like 14 extensions I couldn't get rid of so I just did a clean install

Back