• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fx6300 overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looks to me like you must have changed the frequency on the HT. I don't know of any setting that does that. You still have some power savings on as well , your multi shouldn't have a range like that. Are you set to performance in windows?? Cool&Quiet off?

Looks to me like you must have changed the frequency on the HT. I don't know of any setting that does that. You still have some power savings on as well , your multi shouldn't have a range like that. Are you set to performance in windows?? Cool&Quiet off?

When I adjusted ram timings last night, I locked the frequency at 1600. It was previously on "auto." Would that have changed the ht speed somehow? I don't know if ram and ht are linked in some way. Power settings in control panel are set to "high performance" and everything I can find in bios power related is disabled. Looking at my earlier overclock (on the msi board) I had a range for the multiplier even though I had manually set it to x value in the bios.

Last edited:
multiplier is set at 17.5, voltage 1.29, ht link 2000, bus 2000. i went through every menu in the bios and disabled everything i found that was power related. when i set the ht link back at 2600 and bus to 2000, the memory speeds went nuts. the multiplier still has a range listed in cpuz. should i worry about it (my old msi overclock had a range listed too) or just move on to actually overclocking?

Attachments

• cpuzcpu175multiplier.jpg
    cpuzcpu175multiplier.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 59
  • bios1.jpg
    bios1.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 60
  • bios2.jpg
    bios2.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 60
  • bios3.jpg
    bios3.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 60
  • bios4.jpg
    bios4.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 60
  • powerplan.jpg
    powerplan.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 61
When you tell us the memory just 'went crazy' when you changed the HT Link Freq or whatever, you *need* to show us the CPUz tabs for memory and SPD, so we can see what you are talking about. Nothing seems wrong with ram in the bios shots you show so for us to even guess at issue or cure...we need information and it best in screen captures.

By the way I notice you have HPC disabled and it really should be enabled for HiPoComputing.
RGone...

i'm gonna chalk it up to a one time fluke. it's now at 2600 and everything seems fine (hpc enabled too, oops). hey maybe one day i'll understand computers :p

Attachments

• cpuzcpu175multiplier2600ht.jpg
    cpuzcpu175multiplier2600ht.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 46
actual results now. 4.5, 1.39v. ran p95 for half an hour to get a basic idea of what's going on. might be getting ahead of myself, but things are finally looking good

Attachments

• cpuzcpu225multiplier.jpg
    cpuzcpu225multiplier.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 42
  • hwmonitor4500.jpg
    hwmonitor4500.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 42
It looks like things are falling into place for you chaos, 4.5 @ 1.428v is right around the norm. Good job. You have a bit of room temp wise , maybe inch you HT ref up a few points and squeeze it a bit.

Back