• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FX8320 Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You need to return that cpu to where you bought it as failed or tell AMD rma that it is not reading temps correctly.

Like an idiot I did not keep the link to the ONLY user that has faced your problem in this forum for all the background info, but I basically remember and your cpu seems to fit the pattern he had. OH we have had others think they had they same problem as the ONE user I am referring to but it was because they had crap cooling and once that was fixed then their temps dropped. But remembering that only real situation; your cpu seems to fit his pattern and he had the CPU replaced and temps and all were then fine.

I am going to try and search for that ONE real thread that I remember that yours fits and will link it IF I find it again. RGone...ster.

Dang I hate this forum will not let me search my own posts back beyond 500 posts. I cannot go back far enough really to search like I wanted to do.

I am pretty sure the thread I was looking for was just about at the time of the FX-8350 release and that would put me needing to search all the way back into the 10th month. Crap0la.

I did find only the one thread or post where changing the FX-8350 out did lower the temps. Poster was martiNL spelled like that. BUT the one thing I did not remember about his circumstances was that his temps rose like a rocket to 70c and the board would immediately hard reset itself.

He never posted the screen captures we normally like to see but only wrote his temps and symptoms. So not as good an informational group of posts but that I do believe is the ONLY user that had immediate temp rise under Load that changing the cpu did bring reduce cpu temps and NO fast temp rise and KEY was he no longer had the hard resets either. So he truly had a problem with his Cpu that most don't have since their problem is just poor cooling.

He begins posting at post #7 in this thread.
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=720117&highlight=FX-8350
A couple or three posts he makes reading on down. You can read for yourself and see how closely your condition matches up to his. I do believe that was the ONE user post and rma that was warranted and needed. Like i said I cannot search my own posts as I wish so had to search backwards differently and I do believe that is the situation that was "in" my mind.

RGone...ster. :bang head

Before RMAing the chip I feel compelled to ask, did you upgrade the HS/F yet? If your still on the stock sink I wouldn't sweat it. If you are using that noctura you bought have you tried reseating it? If after reseating the aftermarket HS/F you still have terrible temps Id RMA(because it probably needs to be delidded which voids your warranty).

Still using the stock fan/heatsink, new one still being shipped
I would think that the stock fan setup would work @ stock speeds???
I have not given up on the chip yet, I guess I'll just have to wait till I get the new fan to see
If not I will be rma the chip
I can oc to 4ghz & have no issues with temps or instability as long as I don't test with Prime 95, No freezes or BSOD's

Before RMAing the chip I feel compelled to ask, did you upgrade the HS/F yet? If your still on the stock sink I wouldn't sweat it. If you are using that noctura you bought have you tried reseating it? If after reseating the aftermarket HS/F you still have terrible temps Id RMA(because it probably needs to be delidded which voids your warranty).

mtdewcowboy wrote this >> I could not fit the NH-D14 in my case so I picked up a NH-C14.

I write >> that meant he went out and actually picked up the new Noctua and was using it. Did not understand he "ordered" a new HSF assembly. Oh well.

That does make a difference in the REAL circumstances RGone. :bang head

mtdewcowboy wrote this >> I could not fit the NH-D14 in my case so I picked up a NH-C14.

I write >> that meant he went out and actually picked up the new Noctua and was using it. Did not understand he "ordered" a new HSF assembly. Oh well.

That does make a difference in the REAL circumstances RGone. :bang head

Sorry for the confusion, Newegg is slow to ship these days
So I guess my temps are normal for a stock hs/fan

Update

Sorry for posting sooo much but I am one not to let something go without some answers
I was able to run Prime 95 for 30 mins with no issues :attn:
Temps1.PNG

Turbo.PNG

Cpu-z.PNG

I disabled all the green stuff & lowered the Vcore volts down to 1.3
I think that once I install the new HFS & I think I will add a other 140mm exhaust fan to the top of the case I should be ready to get some higher clocks
With your guys help of course :comp:

Update

Ok I got my new heat sink/fan & ran Prime 95 for 30 mins :clap:
And yes I know my ram isn't running at the 1866 it should, I forgot to reset it in the bios
new fan1.PNG

new fan2.PNG

new fan3.PNG

new fan4.PNG

Back