• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.Skill ddr3 2133 only 667 mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hom3gr0wn

Registered
Ive tried setting it to 2133 in bios but it won't boot had to set the timings manually, stock timings won't boot either but 9-11-11-31-2n seems to work but only show pc3-10700
I had AMD R9 ddr3 2133 in before i made the upgrade and it ran just fine at 2133 so not sure why he G.Skill won't.

Attachments

• cpu-z.png
    cpu-z.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 447
2133 ain't gonna go on an AMD APU. You're expecting too much. Max supported speed is 1866 and I can guaranty it ain't on 32 gig of ram.
According to your screenshot, you are about as good as it's gonna get.

and amd's website says max supported is 2133 so why would my amd r9 ram run at 2133 but not gskill?

yeah i went from 16gb to 32gb so if i go back to 16gb with the gskill it should work at 2133, and would it be better to go to 16gb?

Are you actually using more than 16 gig of ram on anything you're doing?

Probably not, been upgraded some parts and decided to upgrade the ram I run dual monitors and sometimes run 2 game clients at once so I might be using more than 16gb but havent checked.

So would it do me any good to switch to the AMD Athlon X4 880k? would it be better or will i still get the bottleneck on the speed?

So would it do me any good to switch to the AMD Athlon X4 880k? would it be better or will i still get the bottleneck on the speed?

It won't make much difference. You'll still be in that 1866-2133 range. The whole FM2+ platform is like that.

yeah shouldve done a little more research before I bought the ram, dont even see another mobo cpu combo that can run this ram or they just dont make it anymore?

You could try removing half the RAM and manually setting the RAM frequency to 1866 mhz which is about all you can expect from an AMD in that generation because of the weak IMC. You might also have to fiddle with timings to pull that off.

Well right now I got it running at 4.5ghz and if in correct I also got the ram at 1866mhz. Says 960 in the cpuz and you double that correct?

Doubling the CPU-z frequency report is correct since CPU-z is reporting the DDR speed not the DDR2. However, that should be 933, not 960. Have you bumped up the stock BCLK frequency?

no I increased the apu voltage from ai suite 3 was overclocking the cpu and noticed the apu freq would increase ram speed.

BCLK is the master bus frequency of the system. Raising it not only makes the CPU go faster but other dependent bus frequencies such as that for the RAM.

ahh cool, yeah I wasnt sure at first if increasing apu Voltage would make a difference since i wasnt using the onboard GPU but it's working great and it's stable been slowly increasing seeing if it remains stable, I have bios set for 1833 tried 2133 but soon as i do anything it BSOD so max ive gotten is 963 stable I saved it to a profile so when im not playing games I switch back to stock. it's not the fastest pc but it does what I want and it's been a very reliable system :)

Back