• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.SKILL PI Black 4GB (2 x 2GB)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The highest overclock to date with these sticks still at CL4 4-4-12 2T

CPUID3520ghz.jpg

Not sure if it counts for much but I toyed with the Biostar OC tool and without it allowing for volt adjustments (parked at 1.87v on ram) 8 gigs of this did a little over 500 mhz at 5-5-5-15 not too bad with 4 sticks installed I guess. With more "real" adjustments I could probably go higher. Though isnt speed coming more from the fsb speed as opposed to the ram? Or will I notice huge differences in gaming going from ram running at 500mhz vs. 550 mhz? These sticks seem to stay ice cold. I never had ram that actually feels cold to the touch. 8 gigs of this will make it more difficult I guess, still fun nonetheless. I will need to research more on my board and about ram timings before I really roll up my sleeves.

i found a HUGE limitation on my board, i am hoping its changed with a bios update but.
my TRC only goes up to 26, which can be a problem.

edit:
well i updates the bios and the new bios wouldnt turn C1E support off, i would switch it, and it just wouldnt do it. so no boot and barely post, i almost didnt get to flash the bios back, scary scary.

any way i reflashed the old bios and i figured i would try to high speed and then try to work the timings down, i tried setting to 800Mhz but i forgot 800Mhz divider = 1066mhz and it wouldnt post untill i had a duh moment when i knocked it down to 667 (=800) divider and it had no problems at 1.92v running 974Mhz, with out any effort into putting into tweaking timings, i just have to remember biostar can seem to get it together with their bios.

because of my overclock i cant run close to 800Mhz, i wanted to try stock ram speeds with my OC but it wont let me, i can get 758 or 974 and higher.

Last edited:
i found a HUGE limitation on my board, i am hoping its changed with a bios update but.
my TRC only goes up to 26, which can be a problem.

edit:
well i updates the bios and the new bios wouldnt turn C1E support off, i would switch it, and it just wouldnt do it. so no boot and barely post, i almost didnt get to flash the bios back, scary scary.

any way i reflashed the old bios and i figured i would try to high speed and then try to work the timings down, i tried setting to 800Mhz but i forgot 800Mhz divider = 1066mhz and it wouldnt post untill i had a duh moment when i knocked it down to 667 (=800) divider and it had no problems at 1.92v running 974Mhz, with out any effort into putting into tweaking timings, i just have to remember biostar can seem to get it together with their bios.

because of my overclock i cant run close to 800Mhz, i wanted to try stock ram speeds with my OC but it wont let me, i can get 758 or 974 and higher.

What timings did you run at 974 and what's your mobo CPU etc?

Because many of the people here know that rebates are a scam. Only 1/5 of the people who send them in even get them. I never shop based on rebates like most people here.

Because they use MyRebates411.com to process most of their rebates. Check out their BBB rating of "F" here: http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/Business/CompanyReportPage_Expository.aspx?CompanyID=100035461

Go here for the report card for this company.
http://www.rebatereportcard.com/reb...anyname=&gradeletter=F&producttype=0&state=NY

Or do a Google search for "Newegg rebate problems"

Most of us follow the instructions, that does not help get the rebate. You are one of a select few who say they got their rebates back 100% of the time.

I want to make one thing clear, I am not bashing Newegg. I shop there for most of my equipment and I love the company. I just don't do MIR rebates from them or anybody.

I am not willing to take that chance that they or anybody uses them to process their rebates. But for anybody who likes rebates and have had good luck then by all means check them out. I stated my personal dislike of rebates and from what I have read here and other forums, a lot of people do not waste their time. Feel free to search for that.

Back