• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB F4-3200C16D-32GVK runs at 2933 but only when....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hanswurst31

hey guys,

i just installed these rams. aorus b450m(2700x). wont post at 3200. at 2933 they only run fine when i load a profile i created with my previous ram which is basicly just xmp enabled with some fan settings. when i reset the bios install these rams and enable xmp and downclock them to 2933 the pc starts but rams running on 21xx. its definitly the ram and not the cpu becausebecause i could boot the pc with 3600mhz downclocked to 3400 mhz with some aorus 3600mhz ram. im propably gonna use my old sticks but just wanted to know, why this happens?

best regards

Different memory ICs underneath is a guess. Those are an older set of sticks, Ripjaws V. That said, running 4 sticks you may need to add some SOC voltage to get it stable. Make sure you are on the latest BIOS for your best chance of compatibility.

Back