• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED G1.Sniper 5 and MM U2-UFO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skorpien

Hi all,

I have a Mountain Mods U2-UFO with a standard ATX/mATX mobo tray mounted horizontally. I currently have an ATX motherboard, but I really like the looks and integrated water cooling of the Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 motherboard.

My question is, will it fit with the standard ATX tray?

Gigabyte says that the Sniper 5 is an XL-ATX motherboard, yet they list the dimensions as 12" x 10.4" (XL-ATX is longer than 12". Newegg lists this board as ATX rather than XL-ATX).

Seeing as standard ATX is 12" x 9.6", it would suggest that the Gigabyte board would fit along the back panel of the case, but would protrude further into the case by 0.8"

Everything I've researched so far also suggests that the standoff holes in both boards would line up perfectly as well, and seeing as the U2-UFO is 18" cubed, I have plenty of room for the added depth.

What do you guys think? Am I missing something obvious that would make it incompatible?

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have a Mountain Mods U2-UFO with a standard ATX/mATX mobo tray mounted horizontally. I currently have an ATX motherboard, but I really like the looks and integrated water cooling of the Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 motherboard.

My question is, will it fit with the standard ATX tray?

Gigabyte says that the Sniper 5 is an XL-ATX motherboard, yet they list the dimensions as 12" x 10.4" (XL-ATX is longer than 12". Newegg lists this board as ATX rather than XL-ATX).

Seeing as standard ATX is 12" x 9.6", it would suggest that the Gigabyte board would fit along the back panel of the case, but would protrude further into the case by 0.8"

Everything I've researched so far also suggests that the standoff holes in both boards would line up perfectly as well, and seeing as the U2-UFO is 18" cubed, I have plenty of room for the added depth.

What do you guys think? Am I missing something obvious that would make it incompatible?

It is E-ATX per the manual. It fits in my ATX case length wise but covers the holes for cable management width wise.

Awesome! Thank you for that info. The case is pretty open and has no cable management holes on the tray, so that isn't really a factor. The most important thing is that it lines up with the PCI slots and uses the same standoff mounting holes. It's great to get information from an owner of the board. Thanks again!

Back